Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

May be back up there in a couple weeks, might fix it then, if no one else takes the initiative.

Looks like it got fixed...took a look yesterday.

BTW, it was a circus at P1 yesterday...Bill Stone and his group were there, doing testing on his AUV (Autonomous Underwater Vehicle). Jill Heinerth and Dr. Richard Pyle (reknowned deep water ichthyologist and Cis Lunar user) was there as well. as was Joe Dituri of Tampa chamber interest. Parking area was full. Had a few good, but short conversations with all of the above...it was a busy group.
    Fortunately they were just using the cavern and first 100' of the cave for evaluation, the rest was devoid of other divers and the viz. was still outstanding in the Crossover/Olsen Bypass/Peanut Breakdown areas.
    Perfect day...jeans in the morning before the dive, shorts in the afternoon after!

I wonder if the Park has any idea of the diversity of divers using the resource....there were people from S. Africa, Yugoslavia, Egypt, and who knows where else. DEMA this week has a lot to do with that, I'm sure.

sorry...can someone kill the duplicate post?

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by phreaticus53 View Post
    sorry...can someone kill the duplicate post?
    Done.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

The park is aware of the diversity of its divers, and the role it plays in the world-wide cave diving community. The divers from across the world is one of the main points brought up when staff or park personnel are asked about their user groups or what makes the park important. In addition to the countries you've named the park has been visited by people from Russia, China, Germany, and even Maine! (I know that's a state, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway) I'm sure there are a host of others that haven't been named here, but suffice it to say, the park is very well aware of the many people who come to dive, bird watch and just take a few minutes to remove themselves from the hustle and bustle of life in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    The park is aware of the diversity of its divers, and the role it plays in the world-wide cave diving community. The divers from across the world is one of the main points brought up when staff or park personnel are asked about their user groups or what makes the park important. In addition to the countries you've named the park has been visited by people from Russia, China, Germany, and even Maine! (I know that's a state, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway) I'm sure there are a host of others that haven't been named here, but suffice it to say, the park is very well aware of the many people who come to dive, bird watch and just take a few minutes to remove themselves from the hustle and bustle of life in general.
    I don't post often, but I'm immensely amused to see my humble state listed next to a host of far-off countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdyver View Post
    I don't post often, but I'm immensely amused to see my humble state listed next to a host of far-off countries.
    Yet the amusement must be special since there are so many far off countries in ME...

As a kid I remember hunting gem stones in either Poland or Sweden.
    http://mainepublic.org/post/why-are-...ities#stream/0

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Quote Originally Posted by diveconjeff View Post
    Yet the amusement must be special since there are so many far off countries in ME...

As a kid I remember hunting gem stones in either Poland or Sweden.
    http://mainepublic.org/post/why-are-...ities#stream/0
    Don't forget Mexico and China!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    They did a good job busting vis on saturday. We had some eastern european divers with horrible skils kicking like olympic swimmers blow past us on our way up towatds olsen. As they passed us the silted so much we decided ro jump over at the crossover. As we turned the corner towards the peanut restriction a huge silt cloud came at us from the restriction. Around the corner it was 10 ft vis. 20 ft further it was almost 0 so we turned it. That silt cloud coincided with when that group would have made it around near the restriction just so oddly.

So diversity is cool. Till it brings a silt storm with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk