+ Reply to Thread

Wink Happy anniversary

Wish Mike and Tracy happy anniversary tomorrow Oct 10

Administrator Forum Admin

Happy Anniversary Mike and Tracy!

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Happy Anniversary. I like your selection of locations/activity for the celebration too. Hope you both have a great time.

The most powerful minds are the ones that can be changed.

Thanks!

Happy Anniversary. This year, my wife and I will be celebrating 11 wonderful years together. Unfortunately, it's our 35th anniversary.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Happy Anniversary. This year, my wife and I will be celebrating 11 wonderful years together. Unfortunately, it's our 35th anniversary.
    Were the 11 wonderful years the first ones, the last ones, or randomly distributed?

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Were the 11 wonderful years the first ones, the last ones, or randomly distributed?

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Well, the distribution is better served by factoring the years into months, and then some months into weeks. If we start out with 420 months, and 132 of them are wonderful, then you can see that in any 3 month period, then one has been wonderful. However, there are points on the curve where it may have been 2 or 3 wonderful months in a row, which would skew the results. To further skew the results, while only 132/420 of the months were wonderful, at least twice that number have been reasonably pleasant. So that means that at least 396/420 months were either reasonably pleasant or wonderful. This however, does not really represent the overall distribution exactly, since we would have to factor further into good weeks/days and bad weeks/days, which while it does not properly account for the remaining overall 24 months, I am estimating that when randomly distributed throughout the entire time period, it may be a reasonable assumption that my wife has been pissed off at me off and on at least that many days.

Best wishes on your anniversary, and, many more.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Well, the distribution is better served by factoring the years into months, and then some months into weeks. If we start out with 420 months, and 132 of them are wonderful, then you can see that in any 3 month period, then one has been wonderful. However, there are points on the curve where it may have been 2 or 3 wonderful months in a row, which would skew the results. To further skew the results, while only 132/420 of the months were wonderful, at least twice that number have been reasonably pleasant. So that means that at least 396/420 months were either reasonably pleasant or wonderful. This however, does not really represent the overall distribution exactly, since we would have to factor further into good weeks/days and bad weeks/days, which while it does not properly account for the remaining overall 24 months, I am estimating that when randomly distributed throughout the entire time period, it may be a reasonable assumption that my wife has been pissed off at me off and on at least that many days.

Best wishes on your anniversary, and, many more.

ROFL!

Sometimes it's only the degree of resolution that allows us to see patterns in what initially seems like chaos.

Thank you,

Mike & Tracy