Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    Eagles Nest is a full cave dive only with recommended deco and trimix. Buford will not require full cave. One will still have to register, pay, and leave the permit on their dash.
    Suggested regulation does not say that.

The specific statement of cave diving is incorrect. Restricting age could be compared to not allowing children under 18 years old to hunt because of the extreme danger involved in hunting. About 700 people die in hunting accidents each year in the US; that far and beyond outweighs diving related deaths.

"Rule changes related to SCUBA diving the cave system at Chassahowitzka WMA
    At its December meeting, the Commission approved drafts of major rule changes related to:
    ? Promoting safety awareness for those SCUBA diving in the cave system at Chassahowitzka WMA by prohibiting SCUBA diving there, except by persons at least 18 years of age who have completed a no-cost electronic registration with the Commission. This process would require divers to acknowledge the risks and need for specific, appropriate training and experience to dive the site.

? Staff have worked extensively with members of the cave diving community to develop this proposal, including representatives of 8 different SCUBA diving training organizations.

? Due to the dangers involved in this activity and support of the cave diving community, staff requested this rule to be approved for advertising and adoption as soon as possible if no additional public hearing is requested."

Quote Originally Posted by Sly-vester View Post
    Eagles Nest is a full cave dive only with recommended deco and trimix. Buford will not require full cave. One will still have to register, pay, and leave the permit on their dash.
    Thanks! Buford is on my absolute to dive list!

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhippi View Post
    Me too. Let's go.

Ken Sallot

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhippi View Post
    You may want to wait about a month or two (depending on how dry the next 30 days are). It's about to rain quite a bit up here and unless you want to walk in hip waders I would wait.