Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Hurricane Cleanup at Wes Skiles Peacock Springs state Park on Saturday 9/23

The Florida Park Service is working very hard to get Wes Skiles Peacock Springs State Park open. They will be having a chainsaw crew working this week to clear downed trees from the roads and trail. The NFSA has been requested to help remove debris and to drag branches away from the road, picnic areas, and along the interpretive trail.

Volunteers are needed Saturday (9/23). We will get started around 8:00 am. Bring loppers, gloves, leaf blowers, gloves and eye and ear protection. If we have enough people show up we may send some folks over to the Lafayette Blue Springs SP.

I will have water, but bring your own lunch. Let me know if you can make it by responding here and/or call or text me at 850-728-0098.

Mike

The world is supposed to come to an end on this day! I saw it on FB so it must be true! Lol!

I'll be there to help...is the park open for diving? Website just says it is open.

Yes it is open. See you tomorrow.

Mike

I wish I could make it, but I am fully engaged with the "New Roof Lottery". Appears I am a winner .

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...