Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
Closed Thread

Default WTB Ikelite 6812.8 Housing for Nikon D800

Looking for a well-cared for, used ikelite housing for nikon d800.

Just moved up to the full frame and need a new housing.

Thank you.

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

FYI: I have an Ikelite housing for a D700 that I no longer use and would part with.

Hey,

I am definitely interested in this as an option!!!

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer as to whether the D800 will work in the D700 housing. Do you know the answer?

I am also going to contact Ikelite this week to see if they can solve the riddle for me.

My D800 body should be here by wednesday. I suppose we could always just put the camera in the housing and see if it works

Thanks!!!

Dominick Gheesling

Hike your own hike.

Hey Dominick,

Although I haven't tried it, I don't believe one will work in the other as that always seems to be the case. Even with the 800 and 810.
    I just wanted to throw this option out there in case you can get a good, used D700 and want to use it underwater and the 800 topside for now.
    Let me know as my wife would love to get it out of our office at home. (Also have an Aquatica D7000 housing but that seems to be spoken for.)
    I got this housing to use on Piranha 3D and then used it for awhile afterwards until I got the D800. I still love the 700 though and we keep it as a back-up.

Gene

Hi Silverhippi,

Not sure if you're still looking for an Ikelite D800 housing but I have one that is available. It's the complete housing with modular port system for Nikon 60mm and 105 lens, plus the fixed acrylic ports (lightweight for travel). Also have two DS161 strobes available with two sets of double and single sync cords and two chargers. There's also a Pelican case available that came from Ikelite for the system. Let me know if you're interested.