Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
    Honorary Member

Default Possible IH 75 Closure Due To Rising Santa Fe River

FLORIDA - The Florida Highway Patrol announced that I-75 may be closed due the swelling of the Santa Fe River.

According to FHP, the Santa Fe River under I-75 has rapidly risen 15 feet within the past 36 hours due to the heavy rainfall over North Florida from Hurricane Irma.

Additional bridges that may be impacted include: U.S. 27, U.S. 41, S.R. 47 and possibly U.S. 121.

Staff with the Florida Department of Transportation and the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles are monitoring the bridges that may be impacted by the flooding 24/7.

If the river rises to an unsafe level, the bridge will be impassable both northbound and southbound, and would be closed immediately. Floridians that are traveling should avoid the area if possible.

FHP has published the above detour map in the event that I-75 closes.

Floridians should consult www.FL511.com for up-to-date information on road closures and travel routes.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

Just got home from High Springs. The Santa Fe ( behind Winn Dixie ) is almost touching the bottom of the bridge on US 41. FHP and FDOT are all out there. Would not be surprised if it closed in the next day or two. Also CR 18, coming from Amigos over to Worthington Springs is closed.
    The southbound lane of I-75 looked like a "very long" parking lot. Traffic moving at a snails pace. Northbound was empty. Just the opposite from last week.

Adler lives right on the Santa Fe, hopefully he is high and dry.

Honorary Member

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris

Honorary Member

http://www.nixle.us/9L4EH

PER DOT: I-75 @ Columbia County line is now CLOSED.

That was in error:

http://www.nixle.us/9L4GF

I-75 is open, at least for now.

On my way to the Land of Enchantment!

Cool Frog Kick training !

"If the river rises to an unsafe level, the bridge will be impassable both northbound and southbound, and would be closed immediately. Floridians that are traveling should avoid the area if possible."

Screw it.....I'll swim home !

Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    "If the river rises to an unsafe level, the bridge will be impassable both northbound and southbound, and would be closed immediately. Floridians that are traveling should avoid the area if possible "
    ..unless properly experienced and equipped with an appropriate scooter.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Honorary Member

https://fl511.com/#:Alerts says that 27 and 42 are closed now.