Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: Ginnie

  1. #51

    Default

    Im assuming its minimal flow?


  2. #52
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    22,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsgbk9 View Post
    Im assuming its minimal flow?
    I wouldn't assume that. The river is dropping, so the flow could be high.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #53

    Default

    flow was still pretty stiff on wednesday.


  4. #54

    Default

    I too dove Wednesday. Flow was nominal, not normal Ginnie high.

    Ken Sallot

  5. #55

    Default

    Flow felt higher than pre Irma between 2k and the Henkel. Several tie offs were loose between the Henkel and Berman rooms; they are now fixed. Viz was in the low 20's and tannic on hill 400 especially around double lines. Hillier is slightly clearer, but double domes are extremely tannic. The last dome room has ~6" of viz. Bone line and gold line back to Henkel vary from high 20's to 40's.

    Very cool dive right now, it feels like a different cave. There is black river silt and debris scattered around the cave and the water is green rather than blue. Definitely carries a spooky river cave feel.

    Dive Safe,
    Frank

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inverted_bear View Post
    Flow felt higher than pre Irma between 2k and the Henkel. Several tie offs were loose between the Henkel and Berman rooms; they are now fixed. Viz was in the low 20's and tannic on hill 400 especially around double lines. Hillier is slightly clearer, but double domes are extremely tannic. The last dome room has ~6" of viz. Bone line and gold line back to Henkel vary from high 20's to 40's.

    Very cool dive right now, it feels like a different cave. There is black river silt and debris scattered around the cave and the water is green rather than blue. Definitely carries a spooky river cave feel.
    should have come up for HITW. It sparkling in century tunnel and beyond


  7. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    High Springs, FL
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    should have come up for HITW. It sparkling in century tunnel and beyond




    I'm not much on zero vis, but sometimes a little tannic and a little dust makes a dive fun and different. Ginnie had a really spooky feel that he was describing. I felt it too and really liked it.


  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    I'm not much on zero vis, but sometimes a little tannic and a little dust makes a dive fun and different. Ginnie had a really spooky feel that he was describing. I felt it too and really liked it.

    Some of the best dives I've had have been in 20ft or less or hazy viz. I hate particulate because of backscatter, but lower viz really is a nice change from time to time.


  9. #59
    Special Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Had a trip planned to Ginnie just before Irma as my pass was expiring on Sept.29...went yesterday hoping they would let me get a few dives in by extending my pass for the time they were closed (this was what they a while back when they were closed just a week). Anyway no joy my pass was expired and I did not get to dive using it. Wanted to protest but hearing that there was a management change (Rose is gone) I assumed that things may be different there, it will be interesting to watch the silt settle....Bill

    "With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

    "Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

  10. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Had a trip planned to Ginnie just before Irma as my pass was expiring on Sept.29...went yesterday hoping they would let me get a few dives in by extending my pass for the time they were closed (this was what they a while back when they were closed just a week). Anyway no joy my pass was expired and I did not get to dive using it. Wanted to protest but hearing that there was a management change (Rose is gone) I assumed that things may be different there, it will be interesting to watch the silt settle....Bill
    What happened to Rose?

    -James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ginnie, Hart, Madison ... and Back to Ginnie.
    By diveconjeff in forum Dive Reports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 09:43 AM
  2. Ginnie Cave Diver Prices at Ginnie for the Social
    By Bill Rotella in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 01:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts