Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginnie

Im assuming its minimal flow?

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Tsgbk9 View Post
    Im assuming its minimal flow?
    I wouldn't assume that. The river is dropping, so the flow could be high.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

flow was still pretty stiff on wednesday.

I too dove Wednesday. Flow was nominal, not normal Ginnie high.

Ken Sallot

Flow felt higher than pre Irma between 2k and the Henkel. Several tie offs were loose between the Henkel and Berman rooms; they are now fixed. Viz was in the low 20's and tannic on hill 400 especially around double lines. Hillier is slightly clearer, but double domes are extremely tannic. The last dome room has ~6" of viz. Bone line and gold line back to Henkel vary from high 20's to 40's.

Very cool dive right now, it feels like a different cave. There is black river silt and debris scattered around the cave and the water is green rather than blue. Definitely carries a spooky river cave feel.

Dive Safe,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by inverted_bear View Post
    Flow felt higher than pre Irma between 2k and the Henkel. Several tie offs were loose between the Henkel and Berman rooms; they are now fixed. Viz was in the low 20's and tannic on hill 400 especially around double lines. Hillier is slightly clearer, but double domes are extremely tannic. The last dome room has ~6" of viz. Bone line and gold line back to Henkel vary from high 20's to 40's.

Very cool dive right now, it feels like a different cave. There is black river silt and debris scattered around the cave and the water is green rather than blue. Definitely carries a spooky river cave feel.
    should have come up for HITW. It sparkling in century tunnel and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    should have come up for HITW. It sparkling in century tunnel and beyond

I'm not much on zero vis, but sometimes a little tannic and a little dust makes a dive fun and different. Ginnie had a really spooky feel that he was describing. I felt it too and really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    I'm not much on zero vis, but sometimes a little tannic and a little dust makes a dive fun and different. Ginnie had a really spooky feel that he was describing. I felt it too and really liked it.

Some of the best dives I've had have been in 20ft or less or hazy viz. I hate particulate because of backscatter, but lower viz really is a nice change from time to time.

Special Member

Had a trip planned to Ginnie just before Irma as my pass was expiring on Sept.29...went yesterday hoping they would let me get a few dives in by extending my pass for the time they were closed (this was what they a while back when they were closed just a week). Anyway no joy my pass was expired and I did not get to dive using it. Wanted to protest but hearing that there was a management change (Rose is gone) I assumed that things may be different there, it will be interesting to watch the silt settle....Bill

"With regard to cave diving, the great thing is to be carried where you could not have imagined you would ever be, and then to come back alive."

"Wilderness. The word itself is music." Abbey, Desert Solitaire

Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    Had a trip planned to Ginnie just before Irma as my pass was expiring on Sept.29...went yesterday hoping they would let me get a few dives in by extending my pass for the time they were closed (this was what they a while back when they were closed just a week). Anyway no joy my pass was expired and I did not get to dive using it. Wanted to protest but hearing that there was a management change (Rose is gone) I assumed that things may be different there, it will be interesting to watch the silt settle....Bill
    What happened to Rose?

-James Garrett
    http://www.jamesg.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    ...AL...he's just about worthless for anything other than giving you extra gas.