54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 85.19%
  • No

8 14.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Public annoucement of line changes

In the face of the recent change of the Godzilla circuit being made into a T, should there be a public announcement (eg forums, Facebook etc) when a line change occurs at "tourist" caves that are a popular diving and training sites?

Last edited by Kelly Jessop; 09-06-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

No DILLIGAF option?

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

It wouldn't hurt anything.

Is there a phone app for this?

Linesnap

Snapline

FaceLine

iLine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

Line Change Announcement:

Yesterday the slack in the Connecticut Room was a little loose, so I double wrapped it around a rock in the center of the floor.

Please let your friends, family and loved ones know, on the off chance that they don't dive every day and may not notice the change.

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    No DILLIGAF option?

Safe diving,

Rich
    What was the NACD option?

Govern yourself appropriately?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."

Earnest Shackleton

LOL Tony!

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

Something like this would be good for those of us who are not local and only make it over a few times a year. My question is what is the best means of actually getting this information out? On here? A specific page on Facebook people follow?

Quote Originally Posted by pink arrows View Post
    Line Change Announcement:

Yesterday the slack in the Connecticut Room was a little loose, so I double wrapped it around a rock in the center of the floor.

Please let your friends, family and loved ones know, on the off chance that they don't dive every day and may not notice the change.

Tracy

Thanks for making your sarcasm sort of obvious. I really hate when people post sort of ambiguous snarcasm and I have to read it two or three times to be sure..

I surely hope you get the difference between cleaning up a loose line, or fixing an obvious safety hazard .. vs the kind of permanent routing changes that this thread is meant to address. I am sort of surprised at the # of people who posted that they think unreported changes are ok. That's kind of why I tend to hate surveys. Because its hard to include all potential qualifiers to might change some peoples answers.

I mean.. heck.. What If I got a wild hair one morning, and decided I thought there should be a T at the park bench and integrate the bone line into the gold line. (just an example to make a point.... not a real suggestions).. According to 4 surveyed here, that's perfectly ok. And it might not present an issue for many folks here who know the system. But what about the many folks who travel in and don't see these caves all that ofen.

With exception of repairing a line, or correcting a safety issue.. I don't think the average joe-cave diver should be messing around with permanent lines in caves. If there is a good reason to make a change, it should be made public.

Last edited by Sludge; 09-17-2017 at 12:24 AM. Reason: removed profanity

Posting on the Interwebs is reasonable, but not everyone checks Facebook / Forums etc. What's wrong with a written notice posted at the site? What the change was, who made it and why.