77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 88.31%
  • No

9 11.69%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by BluEclipse17 View Post
    We had this happen on a recent dive in Peacock a month or so ago. We entered P1 planning to do the wishbone circuit. At some point we came across an arrow facing the opposite direction and didn't think much of it. Then the arrow, shortly after, switched back to the original, exiting direction. This was a bit confusing but the whole team noticed and confirmed the arrow changes. Later on we were hanging out at Dive Outpost and asked DJ and he said sometimes you find this. It was not a big deal since we all noticed it but I could see this causing confusion if it were missed or even worse finding this in zero visibility. I don't understand the logic behind doing this at all.
    A double fatality was facilitated by a line arrow facing the wrong way. From computer downloads it was discovered the team went back and forth over a certain area, and conflicting line arrows were more likely the cause of the confusion

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by Diverlee View Post
    Is this the first circuit you come to in JB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don?t see how your question has anything to do with the line change but the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    I don?t see how your question has anything to do with the line change but the answer is no.
    Thank you. I sent pm with my reason for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post

And speaking of line changes announcements, I heard that the Sweet Passage line in JB is now a continuous circuit, with the line coming from the left being extended and T'd into the line coming from the right, close to the far end, thus obviating the need for a jump reel in the low and silty areas at both ends. I did not verify that.
    I dove sweet passage on 05/13 and can confirm that the Sweet Passage is a full loop aka circuit and that is only at the end of it. Its a very short loop. IMHO that location should be a loop and no jumps. Get to the T, cookie it, swim straight ahead and you will basically loop clockwise back to your cookie.

What worried me more are the yellow lines in the area which are T'd off into the lines, but lead into areas where you pretty much have to grovel thru the mud and there's already evidence of such which is a shame since the whole area is gorgeous. Those lines are "shortcuts" between existing lines and don't really anything useful for divers to visit.