Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default WTB: Magnus or Minnus

Looking for a used scooter... preferrably a magnus or minnus. If you've got one you need a home for, email me pics and your asking price. matthewbennettmyers@gmail.com No SLA DPVs please.

Matt

bump... i know somebody has a nice Submerge Valykrie collecting dust they want to get rid of right?

You're right. Keep diggin' and one will turn up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Administrator Forum Admin

Hey Matt, isn't the storm about on top of you? Do you still have power?

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I'm in jacksonville, FL... all is good here, super rainy and a little bit of wind. The heart of the storm is tracking up the west/gulf coast of florida. We will likely see the worst of whatever we will get Monday morning/mid day. I think we will get much less of an impact than we originally thought, however personally we are very worried about flooding. Our home in is in flood zone "X" which is the worst rating you can have...as much as we have complained about paying excessively high flood insurance rates since moving here, we are very glad our policy is in place right now.

Administrator Forum Admin

How are you now? I see the storm is very near Jax now.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

We had a solid does of "Irma"... mostly impacted by excessive rain and flooding. We lost power Sunday night around 10pm and not long before that we started seeing a slight minor water seepage into the living room. As the water rose outside our night turned into an exhausing process of soaking up water with towels and mops and wringing them into buckets, then dumping them outside. about 5:30 am we gave up as the water was coming in too fast, so we quickly removed what furniture was left on that level and retreated to higher ground to pass out, exhausted. Our house is in "flood zone X" which is about as bad as it can get... we had water within 4" of our front door threshold which was sandbagged in. We did get water leaking into our living room (It is a sunken room, which helped) and we ended up with about 6-8" of water in the living room and also in the garage.Thankfully now that waters have receded about 60%, the garage and contents have drained, we retreated to my mother's house which got power back today (ours still is out). Hopefully power will be restored soon and we can buy a pump tomorrow when some stores open up so we can drain the water out of the living room. I'll post some fun pictures soon...

I did get to go kayaking today... I started at my back porch and made it all the way around my house including a stop at the front door to pose for some pictures as I floated by the front windows.

By the way... does anyone have a scooter for me yet?

Pics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kayaking?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don't let the tax appraiser see this, you will get charged for waterfront with a boat house.

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing"
    "If you can see the handwriting on the wall ... you're on the toilet."
    "You make me wish that birth control was retroactive."
    "A girl's legs are her best friends...but even the best of friends must part."

Redd Foxx 10-11-91

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998