Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

We're pretty lucky in St Pete. If you watched the weather channel the guy in Tampa made it look way worse than it was. It definitely wasn't great, but it could've been much worse. I haven't seen any flooding locally. Tons of downed trees, downed power and phone lines, and some houses and trailers damaged from the winds. I think everything to the East of us got it much worse. I'm without power at home, but have power at work about 20 minutes away. It's a huge annoying inconvenience, but nothing like I'm sure others have dealt with.

Administrator Forum Admin

I am luckier than I realized. The news is saying that half the Atlanta area still has no power, and may not for 4-5 days.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Default Florida Power Outage map

If you go to the website below, the interactive map will show the latest % for each Florida County with a mouse over. Wishing everyone all the best during the cleanup and I hope crews get everyones power on sooner than later.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/wea...htmlstory.html
    Attached Images

"OCD is a term used by the careless and disorganized to describe those of us who are interested in doing things properly."
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael F View Post
    If you go to the website below, the interactive map will show the latest % for each Florida County with a mouse over. Wishing everyone all the best during the cleanup and I hope crews get everyones power on sooner than later.
    Good link, thanks!

Sump Divers

What the heck happened up in Santa Rosa county? Did somebody feel left out and just mashed the red button?

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    What the heck happened up in Santa Rosa county? Did somebody feel left out and just mashed the red button?
    I am not aware of any big problems in Santa Rosa at the moment, except traffic. Some trees fell, but that's not unusual. We had a gust at my house of 42mph, if I believe my cheesy Radio Shack weather station, but mostly 20-25mph. We never lost power. The stores and restaurants in Milton have been open. Very little rain, maybe .5".

I-10 is in its usual state of constant construction, this time at the approach and offramp of the 3 mile bridge, as well as widening the first exit east of the bay. Highway 90 is choked down to 2 lanes through old Milton. I took me 45 minutes to drive the 12 miles from Milton to my house on Highway 90 east.

A friend of mine who is a state trooper spent the weekend and today dealing with people that 1)had flats and no spare, 2) ran out of gas, 3)car breakdown, 4) out of food and/or water/and or baby supplies. I gave him 2 80's of air to fill tires, he bought a dozen tubless tire repair kits. People were camped in the rest areas, there were people camped in the Blackwater River State park, not only in the park but the parking lots and alongside the roads in the forest. From what I have seen today, they decided that we needed their garbage a lot more than they did.

My rental house in Sopchoppy has no power, but it is still there. My son's place in Crawfordville is still there, no power. Gerry's place in Tallhassee is fine, she has power. Caver95 left Ft Meyers for North Carolina, he is not sure what is left. I haven't heard from anyone else.

"All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner. "
    " I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months I don't like to interrupt her."
    " Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce."
    " My wife told me the car wasn't running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was. She told me, 'In the lake.'"

Red Skelton 9-17-97

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

I just got power back after three days. Lost my north fence line and some shingles. 9 fence posts snapped at the same time sometime after 1030 pm sunday. The feeder bands were nasty, 1 after another for about 10-12 hours, some of them pushing 100+ mph bursts. My neighbor had a tree uprooted about the same time. It must have been well over 100 mph microburst. The power situation within a mile of the coast in my area is worse then Matthew and Wilma and similar to Frances and Jean. And that is after 12 years of hardening the lines.

"Is this thing on?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I just got power back after three days. Lost my north fence line and some shingles. 9 fence posts snapped at the same time sometime after 1030 pm sunday. The feeder bands were nasty, 1 after another for about 10-12 hours, some of them pushing 100+ mph bursts. My neighbor had a tree uprooted about the same time. It must have been well over 100 mph microburst. The power situation within a mile of the coast in my area is worse then Matthew and Wilma and similar to Frances and Jean. And that is after 12 years of hardening the lines.
    I am glad it wasn't any worse.

Sump Divers

The only damage I had was a section of my privacy fence collapsing, and it's not really any big loss because that part was here when I moved in and is 20+ years old. Otherwise, just lots of branches in the yard and a small amount of spoiled food. Got power back after about 36 hours.

Very lucky.

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." - Mark Twain

My son and I got in the Rover Monday morning to check on our Micanopy area neighborhood and we found most roads flooded and/or blocked by trees. House was fine though except for some minor water intrusion in one window and some torn/ripped screens. (Which happened last during the summer of 2005.)
    This photo is of one of the dirt roads in our neighborhood that we use daily.
    Attached Images