Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Magnus vs minnus

What is the difference between the magnus and minnus? Obviously battery duration and size, but is that it? Do they have the same motor and electronics? I'm just curious where the extra power and speed come from in the magnus vs say the minnus 2.0.

Magnus has a bigger motor. Minnus has a smaller motor and a gearbox. It seems the Magnus is just slightly faster but less efficient than the Minnus. So for everything but absolutely max speed the Minnus appears better (even has a sealed motor) to me.

Disclaimer: I have 2 Magnus scooters.

electronics will be the same aside from being set up for different voltages. Magnus is a 48v motor, Minnus is a 24v motor *pack voltages are higher than that fwiw*

good to know.... currently shopping.

swing up to Edd's. You can test ride the magnus, minnus, and the bonex discovery and reference *same scooter, one is just two battery packs vs. one*

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    swing up to Edd's. You can test ride the magnus, minnus, and the bonex discovery and reference *same scooter, one is just two battery packs vs. one*
    are you nuts?? that is like taking a test drive for crack cocaine... especially at Edd's! trust me I'm sold, but I don't need to clean out the bank account just yet... keeping my eyes open for one that has been previously loved and needs a good home.

I mean, we cave dive, we're all a bit nuts. Just figured if you haven't had the chance to ride one, if you ask nicely you can probably take all three out to JB at once and ride them back and forth a bit to get a feel for all three of them before you purchase

my comments are all in good fun. I'm pretty sold on either a minnus 1.5-2.0 or the magnus... I really don't want to buy new so I'll be patient and wait for a used one to come up. I've had the chance to ride the Bonex and Suex and while I feel they are superior machines, I really like the idea that if/when I need service or repairs Submerge is a stone's throw away from where I live and dive. I've had the UV26, love it. We currently have a Minus 1.5 but my wife has laid claim on it and I'm stuck riding a Mako.

Is the magnus 950 different from what is being offered now?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaCaveDiver View Post
    my comments are all in good fun. I'm pretty sold on either a minnus 1.5-2.0 or the magnus... I really don't want to buy new so I'll be patient and wait for a used one to come up. I've had the chance to ride the Bonex and Suex and while I feel they are superior machines, I really like the idea that if/when I need service or repairs Submerge is a stone's throw away from where I live and dive. I've had the UV26, love it. We currently have a Minus 1.5 but my wife has laid claim on it and I'm stuck riding a Mako.
    You know Casey's in cave country and can fix the grand majority of issues, and,if there's a major issue I'm sure he'd make sure you had a scooter to ride while the big boys in Italy tell him what to do. The SS machines are behind the times in my opinion. They're starting to catch up with their vortex controller, but just trying to get any current info from the website is scary enough to make you think wtf?