Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I am planning to dive Larkinsville or Blowout Blue Friday morning. Forrest is going to check conditions tomorrow and message me. If you are interested in going, let me know. Email is better than pm.
    Chris
    Cgarguilo@vt.edu

Administrator Forum Admin

We dove Larkinsville, but the viz was terrible. We called the dive not long after starting out.

Blowout Blue was very nice. There were five of us there. Since I was the only that had been in there before, I went in first, and removed an old line that could have been in the way, especially if the viz got low. Rchrds went in first to survey the line that was put in last year. Greapape went in and caught up with rchrds, and laid more line. Then rchrds surveyed that line, and added more line, as well as surveying it. Together they laid and surveyed about another 1200', making the total now about 1700'. Vpicaver was on the trip, but the end of the line was so far in, he had to turn on gas before he got to lay line.

We all went to dinner, and then went to try connecting Montague to Russell caves (both dry, but separated by a long sump. Rchrds ran out a whole reel, with on sign of coming up in Russell cave.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Thanks for the update Forrest. Wish I could have made it out.

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    ....connecting Montague to Russell caves (both dry, but separated by a long sump. Rchrds ran out a whole reel, with on sign of coming up in Russell cave....
    Is Montague near Orme`s Russel? Few FSS folks went to White Cricket Cave upstream on Sat. After visiting that cave I also tried to find a trail down to Circle Cave but after scouting several horse trails could not find any way down into valley from the west rim. I attempted by Pole Bridge Falls which is (or was then) dry.

Jumps at Jasper were just for a scenery, their airplane however was surprisingly full with tandems. Hike to Virgin Falls was great (but cave is closed for winter). The band at TAG fire was awesome this time - Aunt Betty, and fire was almost gone by morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	tagfire002.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	17326
    I had to evacuate on Sun morning at 4:00 am expecting a flush flood. Rain and fog were bad on the mountain Hinkle rd 157 and tree fell on 136 on the eastern descend part.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ARY View Post
    Is Montague near Orme`s Russel? Few FSS folks went to White Cricket Cave upstream on Sat. After visiting that cave I also tried to find a trail down to Circle Cave but after scouting several horse trails could not find any way down into valley from the west rim. I attempted by Pole Bridge Falls which is (or was then) dry.

Jumps at Jasper were just for a scenery, their airplane however was surprisingly full with tandems. Hike to Virgin Falls was great (but cave is closed for winter). The band at TAG fire was awesome this time - Aunt Betty, and fire was almost gone by morning. Attachment 17326
    I had to evacuate on Sun morning at 4:00 am expecting a flush flood. Rain and fog were bad on the mountain Hinkle rd 157 and tree fell on 136 on the eastern descend part.
    This is the Russell cave near Montague: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russel...ional_Monument

You were wise to leave early. I woke up with 5 gallons of water in my tent

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers