Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
    Special Forum Member

Talking Amazing Eats in Marianna

http://www.mashawygrills.com/

THIS is the place you want to eat if you're within 2 hours of Marianna....maybe more.

I don't eat out much anymore, because very few places are as good as home (yes, he cooks THAT good!). HOWEVER, we will be going back here often.

The food is out of this world. The service is incredible. The ambiance is very nice. The prices are extremely reasonable. The owner takes great pride in ensuring everyone enjoys every bite.

Sombussas, falafel, grape leaves, Mashawy coffee, baklava, Nadia (dessert named after the owner's wife....use two forks, one to stab your dining partners with), moussaka, lamb chops, hummus, and an amazing Chai tea/ginger/honey/cinnamon concoction that came in shot glasses. OMG good stuff!

Very cave diver friendly!

.....we may be going back tomorrow

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

That looks and sounds wonderful! We weren't really planning to hit the Mill Pond on our October trip, but we may have to reconsider.

Tracy was just looking at their website and going, "Oooh!, Aaah!" and making slurpy noises.

Wish I would have checked cdf before getting to Ruby Tuesday... lol. Their salad bar is my go-to when I'm here. I'll check it out next time.

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    That looks and sounds wonderful! We weren't really planning to hit the Mill Pond on our October trip, but we may have to reconsider.

Tracy was just looking at their website and going, "Oooh!, Aaah!" and making slurpy noises.
    LOL, I was doing a pretty good "Harry Met Sally" impression over supper, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaru View Post
    Wish I would have checked cdf before getting to Ruby Tuesday... lol. Their salad bar is my go-to when I'm here. I'll check it out next time.
    I love RT's salad bar, but this blows them away. I was really surprised to find such a treat so far off the main strip. Thanks, FW, for the great intel!

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

Administrator Forum Admin

I have to agree with Shirley, Mashawys is a great place to eat. It is not often the owner waits your table, and gives you free samples of new deserts he has dreamed up.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaru View Post
    Were you in Marianna this weekend? I was just there, but didn't see anyone I didn't already know.

Last edited by FW; 07-17-2017 at 05:26 AM. Reason: TYPO
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Yeah FW, I saw your name on the list for JB at Edd's when we signed in. I drove in right as the park was closing and dove it Sat. evening. Best dive I've had there. Clear and flowing. I had the only reel in the cave. Park to ourselves due to a "little" rain. Today we dove the clusterF that is Vortex on a summer weekend. Needed a decent place to shoot lift bags/smb's.

Thanks for sharing the pointer. Where to eat is a recurring theme when in Marianna. Big fan of Greek food so definitely on the list to try.

Man, thanks for the tip, can't wait to try it out next visit there!
    Do they serve alcohol?

Ate there yesterday, very good food and service. They do not serve alcohol but you can BYOW. No beer or hard liquor though.