Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How?

Default How?

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Lmao. I've kissed a few snakes over the years. I'd rather be bit by a rattler than my ex-wife.

It's a simple equation: Alcohol + Inbreeding = Snakebite on Tongue

" My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr

Quote Originally Posted by snakedoc View Post
    It's a simple equation: Alcohol + Inbreeding = Snakebite on Tongue
    I think the same math = snakebite on dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I think the same math = snakebite on dick.
    I agree - just depends whether the protagonist is trying to kiss it or screw it.

You forgot to carry the "1"...

It just shocks me how people don't understand how bad a venomous snake bite can be.

http://theodessaincident.weebly.com/

The above link is my story. For the record... I was NOT playing with it. Just accidentally stepped on it.

Please... take these snakes seriously. The cost of this was well over $1 Million. No joke.

David Moore
    JWEP, GSEP, OCDA

Wow. That looks awful. How are you doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by DMoore View Post
    It just shocks me how people don't understand how bad a venomous snake bite can be.

http://theodessaincident.weebly.com/

The above link is my story. For the record... I was NOT playing with it. Just accidentally stepped on it.

Please... take these snakes seriously. The cost of this was well over $1 Million. No joke.
    You could have saved a lot of time and money by cutting it with your Arkansas Toothpick and sucking the venom out. Remember to spit between each suck. Then pour some whiskey on it.

Your avatar says you're from Texas. You must be a transplant cuz every Texas-borne man is supposed to know that from birth.

(obviously all a joke) hopefully no lasting issues.

Haha... yes. A lot of those methods did go through my mind. The first park ranger I got to pulled out a book and told me NOT do any of those. Apparently sucking the wound brings lots of risk to the person sucking the poison out. Cutting an X over the wound doesn't help either. Go figure. I was lucky and got antivenin rather quickly - less than an 90 mins from being bitten. The bad thing was the snake gave me a huge dose of venom. Would have really been nice if it would have been a dry bite.

I'm "fully" recovered now. I permanently lost the Tibialis Anterior muscle in my left leg. The muscle you use to lift your foot. So I have permanent "foot drop" as well as no feeling on the top of my foot and lower shin. (Awesome when I drop the soap in the shower I was really worried about how it was going to effect my diving (frog kicks, etc.). My foot was pretty sloppy when I finally was able to get back in the water. But now I've strengthened the other muscles around my ankle and it seems to do fine. The only challenge is when I'm in a very small silty passage where you would typically only use your ankles to propel yourself. I can do it but if my left fin contacts the wall or ceiling I don't have the power to push trough it without compensating with some leg movement. So in those circumstances I don't have the "finesse" I used to. I expected to have more problems when dealing with flow but that doesn't seem to be an issue (especially when scootering . I'm sure I don't have the power that I used to have though.

David Moore
    JWEP, GSEP, OCDA