Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Outrageously nekked at Ginnie.

Every once in a while we do an after-work night dive at Ginnie during the middle of the week. We got there and it was one of those amazingly awesome times where we were the only people in the entire park.

We geared up and did a nice long dive. We cut our lights off on deco in the eye. There was just enough light from the street lamps to see. Once we deco'd out we were swimming back to the steps with our lights off.

I saw something move in front of me so I turned on the video light on my helmet thinking it was a fish, turtle or maybe a gator...

SKINNY DIPPERS!

We must have scared them because I could hear them scream even under water. One girl was really chunky and I swear I don't see how but she walked on water to get up out of there.

Administrator Forum Admin

Ask Bill Rennaker about something similar at Telford

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

We call them boob fish.

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post

He's told me the story about him getting between the entrance to the cave and an angry beaver.

I thought he was talking about the big flat tailed rat.

Quote Originally Posted by cmint View Post
    Every once in a while we do an after-work night dive at Ginnie during the middle of the week. We got there and it was one of those amazingly awesome times where we were the only people in the entire park.

We geared up and did a nice long dive. We cut our lights off on deco in the eye. There was just enough light from the street lamps to see. Once we deco'd out we were swimming back to the steps with our lights off.

I saw something move in front of me so I turned on the video light on my helmet thinking it was a fish, turtle or maybe a gato
    SKINNY DIPPERS!

We must have scared them because I could hear them scream even under water. One girl was really chunky and I swear I don't see how but she walked on water to get up out of there.
    We want Pics!!

He's told me the story about him getting between the entrance to the cave and an angry beaver.

I thought he was talking about the big flat tailed rat.
    I heard that story too, but this was a night dive where he came up with his lights out, and overheard a conversation on the surface. They didn't know he was there.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Funny, had the same experience at Aerolito in Mexico.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

at Ginnie . One girl was really chunky

Unfortunately that's a fairly implied statement nowadays with those frequenting Ginnie

It wasn't at night, probably a good thing, but that happened to Skip and me here.

Apparently a couple drove up and had been sitting quietly right above the entrance for quite a while when all of sudden all these bubbles start coming up and two strange figures draped with algae surface right in front of them out of nowhere.

I was first up and they were about 10' away from me, they were holding each other leaned back away from the water, and the look on their faces teetered between curiosity and sheer terror. They said they didn't realize there was a cave there, or that anybody was in it.

It was pre-GoPro, but I would have loved to have had a head mounted camera on when I surfaced. Unfortunately I think that was also the trip that Skip lost his footing on a slick spot getting out and went over backwards with doubles on.

That's not skinny dipping, it's chunky dunking.