Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default State of the art, LINE ARROW HOLDERS!

You read that right, line arrow holders! What the heck is it? Its a holder, for line arrows! I've named it the "Quiver" as I thought that was pretty slick.

Joking aside, I have 7 of these bad boys left. I came up with the idea a few months ago, worked through about 6 different prototypes and now have a pretty sweet vessel, still some what a prototype though as they're all 3D printed. I've been using mine for over 4 months now with no issues. I've been putting it through the ringer in TAG caves, mud, silt, low nasty stuff. The holder itself is very robust and is a much easier, streamlined, and safe means to hold your line arrows. I've given these out to numerous divers and have had excellent feedback regarding them.

Reason I am just now bringing them forward is I have a drysuit to pick up and need to get some funds together to make sure I can pick it up in a week! These work excellent in pockets, on scooters, on webbing, flashlights, with gloves, and in nearly any condition. One handed dispense and return, holds a max of 6 arrows comfortably. Springs are stainless steel.

Let me know if you have any questions. Looking for $30/each shipped to the lower 48.

Here's a video of it in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbI5...ature=youtu.be
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	16740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0938.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	16741   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5855.JPG
Views:	368
Size:	665.8 KB
ID:	16742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5871.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	605.9 KB
ID:	16743   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6124.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	866.6 KB
ID:	16744  

Administrator Forum Admin

I have one of these, and they are slick

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Pretty cool. A version for cookies or rems would be nice as some of us completely avoid the use of arrows except for emergency situations like lost buddy (which means I haven't used an arrow except for classes years ago)

Im interested. What is the spring mechanism made of? Is there actually a metal spring in there or is it some other material?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My instructor uses one. They definitely are slick. I'm tempted... watched my buddy's arrow/cookie bungee snag the line during a zero-viz drill. Now I keep my whole bungee in my drysuit pocket instead of clipped to my BCD, but this would make access quicker, easier, and safer.

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Pretty cool. A version for cookies or rems would be nice as some of us completely avoid the use of arrows except for emergency situations like lost buddy (which means I haven't used an arrow except for classes years ago)
    He is working on a "cookie dispenser" It is a little harder, because there is no "big end" on a cookie. Since the arrow has a big, and small end, the part of the dispenser that holds them against the spring is easier to make.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by III View Post
    Im interested. What is the spring mechanism made of? Is there actually a metal spring in there or is it some other material?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    There are 3 Springs, one on each end corner of the arrow. We've discussed moving to a single conical spring. My buddy who helped me create/design this has switched to a single conoical spring and it works well.
    Springs are stainless steel, from McMaster-Carr

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    As FW said, the cookie version is a little tricky. I have a working prototype but it needs some modification. I've lost interest as my buddy (engineer behind the project) started a new job and has been really busy. I'll likely pick it back up soon though as I've just graduated and have more time. The cookie version is obviously more ideal as they're used much more than arrows. However I created it because of TAG exploring and needed arrows more than cookies.

The quiver is the pretty awesome, it's well worth getting one. I've been using one on diving projects since the fall and it's helpful for deploying arrows and putting them back underwater.

There's not many of these out there, but I suspect they'll get more popular as time goes on.

-Jon

The big end of a rem may make it easier to engineer than a cookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk