Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
    One fine day Skip and I decided to get a dive in at Guy James, a cave outside town here. And you have to understand, people in Tennessee don't normally associate a spring with a cave. And certainly not cave diving.

Apparently while we were in the cave a couple drove up and had been sitting quietly right above the entrance at the spring pool for quite a while. When all of sudden all these bubbles start coming up, strange lights appeared under the water and two alien figures draped with algae surface right in front of them out of nowhere.

When I surfaced they were holding each other leaned way back away from the water, and the look frozen on their faces teetered between curiosity and sheer terror. They said they didn't realize there was a cave there, or that anybody was in it.

Then Skip tried to blow us up by falling over backwards in doubles onto the rocks. And sliding down the rocks, upside down.
    You would think they would have noticed your cars

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Is there really a story out there better than Lamar and the buzzards?

I can't compete with any lamar stories.
    However, after an unsuccessful attempt by a group of divers to position a memorial for a fellow diver who died in Cow, I went back a few days later with another diver, picked up this very large memorial a few hundred feet into cow and swam it sans line to the other side of not my fault and placed it correctly. I was well under halves when I made the turn out....

"Is this thing on?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Is there really a story out there better than Lamar and the buzzards?
    Bwaaaaaaak!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I can't compete with any lamar stories.
    However, after an unsuccessful attempt by a group of divers to position a memorial for a fellow diver who died in Cow, I went back a few days later with another diver, picked up this very large memorial a few hundred feet into cow and swam it sans line to the other side of not my fault and placed it correctly. I was well under halves when I made the turn out....
    Did you make it out?

Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Did you make it out?
    Yeah, Cow allows for a pretty speedy exit.

"Is this thing on?"