Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default First Outrageous Cave Diving Story Contest!

This might the be last time we have this contest, but since OFG-1 just isn't posting enough these days, we have to make up for his lack of humorous posts.

Contest Time!

Post your most outrageous (or funny) cave diving related story on the Fill station.

And of course, the moderators have the right to move (from public view) anything overly offensive or 'harmful' to our community. But please, don't that discourage you from entering!

You can, of course, not use real names, and if you don't want the story tied to you, PM it it to one of the moderators and we'll post it for you under an alias.

If you can't write; not a problem these days.

So what do you win?

1st Prize: Camo Painted Steel, 1970s or 1980s 72, DIN valve, in current VIP and Hydro filled to whatever you want (and certified for), ie: O2, 32%, 10/50.

2nd Prize: Pair of Dive Rite Red Tech Fins. Your size!

3rd Prize: Big Blue 450 Lumen backup light

Tom Johnson / tj
    Administrator/Sponsor
    Dayo Scuba Center LLC
    Orlando, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    This might the be last time we have this contest, but since OFG-1 just isn't posting enough these days, we have to make up for his lack of humorous posts.
    Don't blame this on me. These damn people I work for actually want me to do something during the day, its just not fair. I'll tell you this, if they quit paying me, I will not go back.

Nobody tell Lamar English about this.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Don't blame this on me. These damn people I work for actually want me to do something during the day, its just not fair. I'll tell you this, if they quit paying me, I will not go back.

Nobody tell Lamar English about this.
    That's simply AWFUL! My own employer is trying the same stunt. Simply ridiculous. I've repeatedly explained that they simply need to make the regular deposits to my bank account and quit wondering what I'm doing. CRAZY!

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    ...Nobody tell Lamar English about this.
    Ooh, I had forgotten about that incident. It was certainly not funny. I had to have my tanks cleaned and tumbled, and nobody would admit there was a problem.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Ooh, I had forgotten about that incident. It was certainly not funny. I had to have my tanks cleaned and tumbled, and nobody would admit there was a problem.
    Damn, he just bought my speargun and of course there was a problem, but not the air AFAIK, it was the Nx that was f&%$#d. I remember sitting out at the RI tunnel with known and unknown gas trying to figure it out...

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

How about watching a cave instructor evaluation where he actually had to tie into the gold line at Catfish, I mean WOW!

Safe diving,

Rich

Education, enjoyment and exploration.....
    http://divecaves.com
    https://www.facebook.com/divecaves

When's the deadline for this?

What, no stories, or is there nobody still on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds View Post
    What, no stories, or is there nobody still on this forum?
    They are posted in the Fill Station section.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

One fine day Skip and I decided to get a dive in at Guy James, a cave outside town here. And you have to understand, people in Tennessee don't normally associate a spring with a cave. And certainly not cave diving.

Apparently while we were in the cave a couple drove up and had been sitting quietly right above the entrance at the spring pool for quite a while. When all of sudden all these bubbles start coming up, strange lights appeared under the water and two alien figures draped with algae surface right in front of them out of nowhere.

When I surfaced they were holding each other leaned way back away from the water, and the look frozen on their faces teetered between curiosity and sheer terror. They said they didn't realize there was a cave there, or that anybody was in it.

Then Skip tried to blow us up by falling over backwards in doubles onto the rocks. And sliding down the rocks, upside down.