Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for photographers....

Hello all! Myself and a few others will be heading down to Florida in October to do some diving in a few of the cave systems. We would love to have some photographs taken during a dive or two but, since we are on the other side of the world in California, I have no idea who is local to the area who would be around and capable of taking them. If anyone can pass along some recommendations I'd be very grateful. I do ask that any photographer who is interested have some sort of underwater photography portfolio and price list available. I would imagine that cave diving experience would be automatically implied but I'll put it out there anyway. Safety is first and foremost! Thanks to all who took the time to read and contribute! Happy diving.

Kristi Bernot from CCDS

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Make sure you realize that some of the "photographers" in cave country will sell your photo for advertising to different places. Some will have you sign something and its on the up and up. Some not so much. There are also quite a few cave divers that own fancy cameras and will only show you their 10 good photos out of 90% horrific photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default cave photographer

I am a photographer, not local to FL but am down there about 4-5 times a year ad planing to head down there in the fall. Here is a link to my web site and if you are interested in rate send me a privet note, I shot commercially and have many different rates.
    Zach Whalen,
    whalenunderwater.com

Check out Sandy Koster at http://www.sandrakosterphotography.com/index.html

She may be able to accommodate you.

Administrator Forum Admin

Jill Heinerth, and Gene Page are other options.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

You might also check out:
    www.peterlapinphotography.com/

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
    -Ferris Bueller

The most certain way to stumble into the future, is to live your life looking over your shoulder.
    -Jeff Hawes after getting a huge mulligan...

Quote Originally Posted by wms4229 View Post
    Hello all! Myself and a few others will be heading down to Florida in October to do some diving in a few of the cave systems. We would love to have some photographs taken during a dive or two but, since we are on the other side of the world in California, I have no idea who is local to the area who would be around and capable of taking them. If anyone can pass along some recommendations I'd be very grateful. I do ask that any photographer who is interested have some sort of underwater photography portfolio and price list available. I would imagine that cave diving experience would be automatically implied but I'll put it out there anyway. Safety is first and foremost! Thanks to all who took the time to read and contribute! Happy diving.

Would love to help you out. Here's my site: http://www.cavedivinginstructor.com/photography/ Click on the photos to scroll through the slideshow.

-Kristi

Keep in mind when hiring photographers, their experience levels, their comfort on various types of dives and shooting style.

You will find some photographers tend to take more candids, others take more posed shots, so depending if you are there to dive or there to model, could influence your choice. Same with planning a before the keyhole dive, or a double stage to Mainland...

Never hurts to ask one of their previous clients about the experience, it's easy to buy a camera after all.

Speaking of which I have a camera for sale, just need a lens and strobes

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1987
    "But nothing gets accomplished in sidemount!"

Hi Kristi! Matt is going to shoot you an email!