Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds View Post
    ...I have to disagree with Tbone- the poseidon parts are just insanely expensive, god help you if you need a new inner balloon deal or tilt valve. Though they breath a #### ton of air once you get them going, the cracking pressure is just too high due to the design (adjustment is even more important on the Poseidon regs), and exhausting after a bunch of hours in a row. In addition, the nested diaphragm/exhaust ring is murder to clear crap out of once it is fouled, a standard design reg with easily removable face and diaphragm can be cleared with a finger or by swishing when it gets sticks/rocks/mud in the exhaust diaphragm....

I don't dive Jetstreams at all, and only dive Xstreams in clean water. I leave the lock ring off the Cyklons, so I can remove the diaphragms and clear them of debris in sumps, etc. The cracking pressure is easy to adjust, to the point you only have to think about inhaling to get air. I usually run mine a little high, so the reg that is not in my mouth doesn't freeflow in current, or on a scooter.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by mwenner View Post
    I've been so happy with my G250's, until they came back from the last rebuild. Maybe I need to send them to Russell Edge and see why they're doing

I agree with Jason, lose the pin so that the regulator can be cleaned if needed,but have found the G250s handle the abuse well (although not sure of the HP models). I would contact Russell because he is the master when it comes to SP.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    I agree with Jason, lose the pin so that the regulator can be cleaned if needed,but have found the G250s handle the abuse well (although not sure of the HP models). I would contact Russell because he is the master when it comes to SP.
    Thanks Guys! I figured I may start a bit of a regulator war story, but look at the great info it provides. Russel's getting my pair of regs (even though he doesn't know it until now) because I had the shop use all new rebuild parts when I had 6 Scubapro regs rebuilt, on a nice bench with all the appropriate test gear, etc. The first stages had ultrasonic squeaks on two regs, and they free flowed pretty bad on the first scooter dives (with you Forrest), unless cranked down, and they were adjusted to Scubapro's specs? Then I had my first stage freak out in Roppel as I entered the sump, but wasn't that concerned, knowing the regs were not performing, etc. All this to say, that I'm back at square one, doing more research this time, before I move forward. I've had 15 years of flawless performance go bad after one attempt to maintain that gear? Really appreciate the info, especially J with all the tricks!

It's not what you do, but who you are when doing it.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

Dude, just bring all your regs down to the beach for a few days and we'll get you fixed up.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Dude, just bring all your regs down to the beach for a few days and we'll get you fixed up.
    You in PCB? Im tempted to drop my pair of MK25/G250s off to you as well on one of my next trips over. I've got one planned in May, and then ANDP class in June. Can you PM me an address of the shop and approx cost (and I understand if you don't want to hardquote it. They need to be cleaned well.)