Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

https://www.floridastateparks.org/ac...s-scuba-diving

Well there are rules being broken constantly at peacock at least. I rarely see C cards on dashes and people surface at the sinks all the time. Both against the rules

Quote Originally Posted by jdobbertien View Post
    https://www.floridastateparks.org/ac...s-scuba-diving

Well there are rules being broken constantly at peacock at least. I rarely see C cards on dashes and people surface at the sinks all the time. Both against the rules
    I wonder if "surfacing" means "exiting" or literally just breaking the surface. It seems pretty silly to me if the rule actually means surfacing (coming up to the surface while still fully in the water) isn't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
    I wonder if "surfacing" means "exiting" or literally just breaking the surface. It seems pretty silly to me if the rule actually means surfacing (coming up to the surface while still fully in the water) isn't allowed.
    It surely is meant not to be used as entry/exit..
    and there is a safety exception as well..

Surfacing is not an issue, and emergency egress either. Entering to start a dive a something other than P1, OG, or P3 is not allowed. Due to recent changes of the bank at Pothole, it is highly discouraged that anybody surface there.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius View Post
    It surely is meant not to be used as entry/exit..
    and there is a safety exception as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    Surfacing is not an issue, and emergency egress either. Entering to start a dive a something other than P1, OG, or P3 is not allowed. Due to recent changes of the bank at Pothole, it is highly discouraged that anybody surface there.
    I should've included the rule that I was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida State Parks Rules
    *Entering or surfacing anywhere but Peacock Springs or Orange Grove Sink is prohibited unless necessary to ensure the safety of the divers.
    My understanding has been as above, but EXITING replacing SURFACING. That's what I've been assuming.

I asked because it seems like jdobbertien's post talks about divers breaking rules like surfacing at the other sinks....but I'm not sure if he means he's seen people SURFACE or if he's seen people EXIT at the other sinks.