Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Abyss Core Blender X

So, not being european, I need some Euro-help.

Has anyone heard of this company, or seen this product in the flesh? It seems like a very nice way to easily mix gasses in the jungle when I only have truck power and small volumes of low pressure gasses. Not to mention the price seems fairly reasonable, compared to some of the US offerings.

http://www.abysscore.com/blenderx/

I've been talking with one of their spokespersons, and they tell me that a new, hardier version which uses r-22 type cells is now being produced, instead of what is shown on their website.

So, to me, seems like a small company, low production volume, possible fraud, etc. Would really like to hear from someone who has one, or has at least seen one.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blender X.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	16550

Quote Originally Posted by rchrds View Post
    So, not being european, I need some Euro-help.

Has anyone heard of this company, or seen this product in the flesh? It seems like a very nice way to easily mix gasses in the jungle when I only have truck power and small volumes of low pressure gasses. Not to mention the price seems fairly reasonable, compared to some of the US offerings.

http://www.abysscore.com/blenderx/

I've been talking with one of their spokespersons, and they tell me that a new, hardier version which uses r-22 type cells is now being produced, instead of what is shown on their website.

So, to me, seems like a small company, low production volume, possible fraud, etc. Would really like to hear from someone who has one, or has at least seen one.

Thanks!

Attachment 16550
    Seems very similar to Wayne's controls for the tri hunter without the mixing stick. Obviously the same theory (using 2 oxy sensors as opposed to one oxy one helium).

If Wayne likes you, he'll tell you exactly how to make his setup (and has even given me part numbers and the supplier's info from which to buy them). I was shocked the first time he gave me all of the info, but if it's just for personal use he doesn't care. Maybe talk to Wayne?

Thanks, I will be down in that area in a couple of weekends, I will stop by and see what he says.

Would love to hear what he says, will you keep us posted? ;

Just to chime in here. I tried for months, cash in hand, to order one of these and I have come to the conclusion it is vaporware. Wayne on the other hand I met at TekDive USA 2016, he is real, solid operator, salt of the earth kinda guy. I ended up "borrowing" an MPS panel but once I have to give that back I will probably get a portable tri-hunter off Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDiver View Post
    Just to chime in here. I tried for months, cash in hand, to order one of these and I have come to the conclusion it is vaporware. Wayne on the other hand I met at TekDive USA 2016, he is real, solid operator, salt of the earth kinda guy. I ended up "borrowing" an MPS panel but once I have to give that back I will probably get a portable tri-hunter off Wayne.
    I have witnessed Wayne practically bend over backwards to help people out when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    I have witnessed Wayne practically bend over backwards to help people out when needed.
    I have a really good homebuilt nitrox stick that I need to add to to create a trimix stick. One day wayne was going to give me all of the part numbers and ordering info as well as all of his "secrets" to make my own trihunter instead of trying to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDiver View Post
    This was my evaluation as well. Oh well. I ended up building my own, but thanks for the confirmation.