Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

my tech 2 in pompano was not much cheaper. estimate it cost me 4000 dollars. and the first half was nitrox diving at manatee.

dont forget there is also a fee paid to gue that isnt' part of the tuition to the instructor. I think for rb80 mine was an additional 150 bucks?

Default Hmmm

Can somebody call somebody else a stroke �� or even throw in some type of veiled political comment.

For what it's worth I did the GUE fundies thing, cavern and intro was with Johnny NACD (he did a great job) and finished up my Tech/Cave training using TDI/CDS instructors. I'm with many others that think it's all about the instructor and a person that has long term experience in the chosen environment.

I didn't like my GUE instruction, not because of the training or instructors, but because the other "young bucks" in the class thought that diving was all about the training itself, not about the diving experience, the trips, the adventures. I routinely cave dive, do tourist ocean dives for photography and 200' cold water Great Lakes dives and love them all. My recommendation is find friends and instructors you trust and dive with them, learn from them and then share with others if they are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsdream View Post
    Can somebody call somebody else a stroke �� or even throw in some type of veiled political comment.

For what it's worth I did the GUE fundies thing, cavern and intro was with Johnny NACD (he did a great job) and finished up my Tech/Cave training using TDI/CDS instructors. I'm with many others that think it's all about the instructor and a person that has long term experience in the chosen environment.

I didn't like my GUE instruction, not because of the training or instructors, but because the other "young bucks" in the class thought that diving was all about the training itself, not about the diving experience, the trips, the adventures. I routinely cave dive, do tourist ocean dives for photography and 200' cold water Great Lakes dives and love them all. My recommendation is find friends and instructors you trust and dive with them, learn from them and then share with others if they are interested.
    I think you see that a lot with new GUE divers fresh out of the fundamentals class. as you move on you get more experienced divers in the classes and you dont see that nonsense anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kidsdream View Post

I call 'em "valve turners". Like their whole reason to dive is to look like some training video. Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by PfcAJ View Post
    I call 'em "valve turners". Like their whole reason to dive is to look like some training video. Silly.
    No different than the sidemount guys that spend hours videoing themselves in the local pool showing that they can wear a blackout mask and unclip one tank and push it in front of them while in perfect trim and no buoyancy changes.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    No different than the sidemount guys that spend hours videoing themselves in the local pool showing that they can wear a blackout mask and unclip one tank and push it in front of them while in perfect trim and no buoyancy changes.
    is that a real thing people do?

Quote Originally Posted by LiteHedded View Post
    The thing is real, the people are fake, just like the news. Sad.

"Have you noticed that all the people in favour of birth control are already born?"
    "Roses are reddish, violets are bluish. If it weren't for Christmas, we'd all be Jewish."
    "I'm not against half naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be."
    "Do unto others, then run."
    "Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright, they're grand."

Benny Hill 4-20-1992

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3n...-show-clip_fun

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

You bet your sweet aunt Bippy

You haven't got the joy of having a discussion with Razorista? He was on here for a short time but got banned.

Check out his YouTube channel if you are extremely bored and have nothing else to do.

https://youtu.be/r_0m8-TYENQ

He is apparently the pride of the German dive community.

I think you see that a lot with new GUE divers fresh out of the fundamentals class. as you move on you get more experienced divers in the classes and you dont see that nonsense anymore
    My experience during fundies was the opposite. I was standing with a teammate fully kitted up in the parking lot when some random diver just walked up... "Have you tried sidemount? Man you should try sidemount it's WAY better then that old stuff." We were just doing our thing not bothering anyone.