Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default WTT new style S600 for old style

Hey guys, I'm going to be trying out side mount soon, and will be running 2 S600's. One new style and one old. I'm also one of those weirdos who likes all my gear perfectly matching.

I'm willing to trade straight up a new style fully functional S600 for a comparable old style. Message me if you might be interested. I'm also willing to go the other way if someone else would prefer the old style.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	16144Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	16145Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	16146

Not sure if I alone hold this opinion or others do also but my preference is to not have everything match. Gives you a good visual indicator (as a backup) to know which tank you are breathing off of. One of the reasons I like Diverite and Hog (along with others) was that you could change out the 2nd stage purge valve color if you have the same reg for different tanks.

Interesting, I never really thought about that.

If you bungee your short hose reg and have your other reg on a 7' hose with no bungee just like in back mount the bungee necklace differentiates the regs by feel alone. This is what I do now if you run some other configuration this may not work.

'
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to be trying out side mount soon, and will be running 2 S600's. One new style and one old. I'm also one of those weirdos who likes all my gear perfectly matching.

I'm willing to trade straight up a new style fully functional S600 for a comparable old style. Message me if you might be interested. I'm also willing to go the other way if someone else would prefer the old style.
    Attachment 16144Attachment 16145Attachment 16146
    I'd stick with new style, the older version can bend out the metal face plate and potentially snag into things.
    Btw, you can also buy just the "face" of the new one and switch over to have them matching