Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

I saw this thread pop up in my Tapatalk alerts and wondered what it was about. Then it got linked to FB and I could resist no longer.

I've been busy and have made a conscious effort to avoid the forums (not just CDF) as they are time suckers and they are not holding my interest as of late but I see that without Draker's leadership in keeping us focused on diving or internet diving the times have become desperate. We should get back to bashing moderators as it was more productive and entertaining.

My only value add here: The OP proves there is nothing more annoying than a reformed anything.

Bob

PS: where do we propose the age cutoff be placed? I vote 58 unless you earn a special exemption tag....

If you want to participate in an activity, knock yourself out. Go do what it takes to participate. And be self responsible. Understand the consequences of what you do. If you aren't aware of a specific consequence, ignorance is your fault. Why are we always trying to prevent accidents, death, and "bad ####" as a result of conscious choice? Divers will die in extreme caves. Bikers will die weaving through interstate traffic. Heroin connoisseurs will overdose... Death is merely a result of living.

As a vacation diver my self assessment leads me to the gym. I smoked in college when I drank and somehow kept that habit for a few years because the wife smoked. I quite because of a love for diving. I felt it was necessary to be able to do more technically demanding dives.
    That was a "self assessment."

It would not be a self assessment for me to tell someone else to stop smoking if they want to continue diving...

I love diving and need a vacation soon is my other assessment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum

I'm 60+ and more round than rectangular. Yes, I could do with dropping a good 20 pounds. And yes, I have my share of medical problems that come with age. But on my recent stress echo I reached 15 mets. Should I carry some kind of card around with me that indicates that? Cave Diver -- Old and Overweight, but Strong like Bull.

Ken

The Tech Diver's Prayer: Oh Lord, if I should die, please don't let my wife sell my dive gear for what I told her I paid for it..

The problem isn't heavy people diving. There's nothing wrong with that. The problem is with out-of-shape, inexperienced divers going out and diving at sites well above their skill set and dying. When that happens the entire community loses out from closures.

If the original post offended you, good. However, don't let it stop you from doing anything. Please just honestly asses your own physical abilities and seek out dives within your limits. If that means hitting revelation space at 400lbs, god bless and be safe. However that's a terrible idea for 99% of cave divers.

Dive Safe,
    Frank

Stay away from Nest.

Best idea yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Damn tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter View Post
    Cave Diver -- Old and Overweight, but Strong like Bull.
    That's me! Strong like bull; smart like tractor!

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    That's me! Strong like bull; smart like tractor!
    And for me, stubborn as a egg sucking mule.

"Santa Claus has the right idea....Visit people only once a year"
    "The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."
    "I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible... and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary."
    " I only know two pieces; one is 'Clair de Lune' and the other one isn't."

Victor Borge 12-23-2000

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Mike Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by inverted_bear View Post
    ... Please just honestly asses your own physical abilities .
    The dishonest asses you can trust to always be dishonest. It's the honest asses you have to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to see some funny redneck quarry diving check out my youtube account..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoDeepif...n?feature=mhum