Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Looking to buy Nomad LS, not many reviews, need advice

I love mine. Everything trimmed out perfect! I use the back "door handles" for the bottom of the tanks and for the top just the bungees. Used LP85's. The cam bands were about a hands length up from the bottom. Trimmed perfect No weight was needed diving dry and diving wet everything was good. Very happy I got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

So I really like diving the LS. Added John Weston bungees for stages. We attached these at the lower screw point of the rails using O2 bottle attachments(a piece of belt loop with an eye that can be screwed to the underside of the door handle). I got rid of all the low profile hardware and replaced with regular D-rings, added a set of D rings to the waist belt for the Weston Bungees, moved the corrugated hose to the left, and that's about it. Got rid of the star screws that hold the door handles and replaced with Phillips. Got rid of my canister light. Use small back ups on the straps. Seems to be pretty streamlined and functional with 85's and a couple of stages.

I love mine. Works great with steel or aluminum tanks. Few minor tweaks when I first got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadkill

Just got back from a week in Branford area diving with our new nomad Ls. Wife and I each got one, hers had to have the shoulders cut down a bit to make it small enough. First day of our sidemount class was spent adjusting everything and it really showed the next day in the water, only a few small adjustments were needed. We had 5mm wetsuits and lp80 trimmed out great. Yes the wing was inflated quite a bit and some beach balling but not terrible. We usually dive dry but to much to pack this time.
    All and all very comfortable and and trims out well.
    I must give a big thank you to Dive Rite for helping to get everything to fit just perfect on my wife's LS

Quote Originally Posted by Medic75 View Post
    Just got back from a week in Branford area diving with our new nomad Ls. Wife and I each got one, hers had to have the shoulders cut down a bit to make it small enough. First day of our sidemount class was spent adjusting everything and it really showed the next day in the water, only a few small adjustments were needed. We had 5mm wetsuits and lp80 trimmed out great. Yes the wing was inflated quite a bit and some beach balling but not terrible. We usually dive dry but to much to pack this time.
    All and all very comfortable and and trims out well.
    I must give a big thank you to Dive Rite for helping to get everything to fit just perfect on my wife's LS
    That's one minor problem with it. That superfabric on the shoulders makes it tough to adjust to small people/women without cutting it down.