Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Administrator Forum Admin

The workshop went very well, everyone seem pleased. All the divesites had clear water (well at least when we started).

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

I dont think Linus is on the CDF, so we can talk bad about him for winning everything.

Thank you Josh for doing this again. I know the headaches it can be, and you knocked it out of the park again.

Insert something witty and creative here_________________________.

If this is the guy that won the shearwater and sidemount reg setup he bought $150.00 worth of tickets just before the drawing for the high ticket items. Not looking to start anything, but I did find this questionable.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiverbob View Post
    I dont think Linus is on the CDF, so we can talk bad about him for winning everything.

Thank you Josh for doing this again. I know the headaches it can be, and you knocked it out of the park again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Al View Post
    If this is the guy that won the shearwater and sidemount reg setup he bought $150.00 worth of tickets just before the drawing for the high ticket items. Not looking to start anything, but I did find this questionable.

Al
    I would say it was more odds, and luck than questionable.

Sump Divers

The fact he won one right after the other speaks volumes. All the tickets for the other table are out of the bucket greatly increasing the odds of a win. Not a sure thing, but again in "my" mind questionable. Seems to me ticket sales should end once the workshop begins. Also maybe only one premium prize per person? This is just my opinion and we all know about those I won't say anything else, again don't want to start anything.
    The workshop was fantastic, enjoyed the speakers and catching up with people. Josh and company hit it out of the park once again, Thanks.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I would say it was more odds, and luck than questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Al View Post
    The fact he won one right after the other speaks volumes. All the tickets for the other table are out of the bucket greatly increasing the odds of a win. Not a sure thing, but again in "my" mind questionable. Seems to me ticket sales should end once the workshop begins. Also maybe only one premium prize per person? This is just my opinion and we all know about those I won't say anything else, again don't want to start anything.
    The workshop was fantastic, enjoyed the speakers and catching up with people. Josh and company hit it out of the park once again, Thanks.

Al
    There were mentions of opening ticket sales before the big items. He sure capitalized. He had more than 50 tickets in front of him. Regardless of how much he spent in total in tickets (id say $300 ish), he sure got his money back lol.

Its still a luck of the draw. I've had great success myself, buying less tickets. I spent quite a bit this weekend, and won an awesome CDS mat. I dont want to see people turned away from the CDS making more money. If this becomes a trend, then maybe the issue needs to be revisited.

Insert something witty and creative here_________________________.

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    There were mentions of opening ticket sales before the big items. He sure capitalized. He had more than 50 tickets in front of him. Regardless of how much he spent in total in tickets (id say $300 ish), he sure got his money back lol.
    Closer to $450.

One thing I hate more than anything is if the raffles and sponsors and such cause attendees to lose sight of what we are actually trying to do. Its great to be able to give away some awesome prizes but the over all goal is to allow cave divers and other interested persons an event to learn and hear from other divers that are out there bringing light to new exploration, education, and conservation. It's never been my goal to make money from this event. However, the ticket sales are hands down the best way to be able to ensure we provide the NSS-CDS with funds to continue the organization and continue doing what they do for the cave diving community.

As Bob said, its odds and luck of the draw. I hope everyone had a great time and I really hope to see everyone at next years event. I'd love and welcome everyone's suggestions and criticism as I want to make sure we have the best workshop possible. So please feel free to reach out to me and let me know what you hated, loved, or would like changed.

HUGE thanks to all the volunteers for making this such a smooth running operation. Thanks to the many many sponsors that have continued to aid in making this workshop such a successful and overall fun event. Thanks to Subgravity for getting everyone an awesome free t-shirt. Thanks to KISS for sponsoring the food! Thanks to the numerous speakers for dedicating their time and effort for the workshop. And finally, thanks to everyone that attended this workshop and helped make this worthwhile for us to continue to put on. See you next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0use View Post
    Closer to $450.

One thing I hate more than anything is if the raffles and sponsors and such cause attendees to lose sight of what we are actually trying to do. Its great to be able to give away some awesome prizes but the over all goal is to allow cave divers and other interested persons an event to learn and hear from other divers that are out there bringing light to new exploration, education, and conservation. It's never been my goal to make money from this event. However, the ticket sales are hands down the best way to be able to ensure we provide the NSS-CDS with funds to continue the organization and continue doing what they do for the cave diving community.

As Bob said, its odds and luck of the draw. I hope everyone had a great time and I really hope to see everyone at next years event. I'd love and welcome everyone's suggestions and criticism as I want to make sure we have the best workshop possible. So please feel free to reach out to me and let me know what you hated, loved, or would like changed.

HUGE thanks to all the volunteers for making this such a smooth running operation. Thanks to the many many sponsors that have continued to aid in making this workshop such a successful and overall fun event. Thanks to Subgravity for getting everyone an awesome free t-shirt. Thanks to KISS for sponsoring the food! Thanks to the numerous speakers for dedicating their time and effort for the workshop. And finally, thanks to everyone that attended this workshop and helped make this worthwhile for us to continue to put on. See you next year!
    Joshua did a great job running the workshop!

I suspect anyone unhappy with the raffle was just jealous that they didn't win anything

Sump Divers

I just looked in my logbook, and this was the 12th Midwest workshop. The first was in July 2006. We had the first 2 in July, the rest were in September, or October. I missed one in 2014. Has anyone been to all 12?

Sump Divers