Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 2017 NSS-CDS Midwest Workshop SEPT 23, 2017

NEWS CONCERNING 2017 MIDWEST WORKSHOP!

We have confirmed the date and venue and wanted to get this out to everyone asap so they can begin planning and inviting folks! I know with the other two workshops going on this may be confusing but I just wanted to post this here so that those who aren't on Facebook can see the date and mark their calendar.

Date: September 23rd, 2017

Venue: Machinist's District 9 Building Corporation

Address: 12365 St. Charles Rock Road, Bridgeton MO 63044

Many of you may be wondering why the change in venue. We had such a great turnout last year that we wanted to change the venue to possibly accommodate sponsors setting up booths, and more importantly, MORE PEOPLE ATTENDING! This is a workshop for everyone! Therefore, we want everyone's input on how we can make this next event the best to date! We hope that many of you will mark your calendars! We look forward to seeing everyone next September!

Feel free to contact me, Bill Harrison, or Bjorn Loftis for information, suggestions, input, or anything at all! Thanks for your attention! SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

-Joshua Shouse

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Midwest Workshop Annoucement .jpg
Views:	88
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	16027  

Nice! It looks like it'll be another good one.

Is the Midwest workshop still happening? Same date as my 50th high school reunion, not sure which to attend.
    Al

i might be in for a road trip. how are roubidoux/cannonball that time of year?

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Al View Post
    Is the Midwest workshop still happening? Same date as my 50th high school reunion, not sure which to attend.
    Al
    Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    i might be in for a road trip. how are roubidoux/cannonball that time of year?
    Yes, it is still on. We pick that time of year because dive conditions are historically better in the fall. However you never know for sure.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Yes, it is still on. We pick that time of year because dive conditions are historically better in the fall. However you never know for sure.
    Yeah, last year we went to Roubideaux and Boiling Springss the day every else went to Cannonball and we ended up drinking instead of diving...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jeff Rouse
    Chicago, IL

ooooo I can make this one.

Speaker #1: MichaelAngelo Gagliardi

Michael Angelo will be speaking on the progress of 3 aspects of the achieving project. First, Michael Angelo, will speak on the development of the Hydrological Instrumentation Platform or HIP. The HIP is an is a water quality senor platform which while attached to divers takes a periodic reading of the water as the diver swims through a system. The HIP is used in conjunction with the fauna count program. Lastly, Michael will speak on the Photographic Achieving Project and show video on how to use photographic images to show the life of a spring. Really excited to have a Midwest Diver speaking at the workshop! More to be announced soon!

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	16996  

Highline Ropes has donated a 300' 7/16th sport rope for us to give away! Thanks Highline!

Name:	Highline-Rope1.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	16998