Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bigblue Dive Lights - USA Headquarters is sending us an awesome light to give away! Bigblue has been a huge supporter of the NSS-CDS for a long time. We really appreciate their continued support for the Midwest workshop!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Blue Light.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	16999  

Cave Excursions has donated THREE 1 night stays, stack of free fill cards and some great t-shirts! Thanks a ton Cave Excursions!

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 11.35.06 AM.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	17000  

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0use View Post
    Done.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

HUGE shout out to Kiss Rebreathers and Mike Young for sponsoring this years lunch for the Midwest workshop! KISS has sponsored lunch for the last 2 years and has been a huge supporter of the Midwest workshop! We really appreciate the continued support and are excited to have you guys at the workshop! EVERYONE BE SURE TO GIVE A HUGE THANK YOU!

Name:	KISS reabreathers.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	17002  

Rainbow Reef Dive Center and Jim Wyatt have donated a Wreck diver class for two in Key Largo for us to give away! (Expires December 2018, subject to availability. Boat fees and equipment not included.)

Pretty awesome prize for someone looking for an excuse to take a trip to the keys and do some diving! Thanks Jim!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1433.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	17003

Speaker #3: Michael Raymond

Michael Raymond will speak about rescuing cavers from beyond flooded cave passages / sumps. Michael is a caver / cave diver from Minnesota. He is a National Cave Rescue Commission (NCRC) graduate and has served on the MN Army National Guard domestic operations planning team. In this talk he will introduce the NCRC and discuss some of the factors involved in sump rescue. Open discussion will further our community's techniques for rescuing stranded cavers.

This should be a unique presentation from an experienced diver. Thanks Michael!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	17021

Just curious if the Midwest workshop ever ventures outside of Missouri? I know that there are mines being dove up in Wisconsin. Has the workshop ever ventured anywhere other than MO? Like Chicago or Milwaukee? Or is it always held in the Show Me state?

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegoaes View Post
    Just curious if the Midwest workshop ever ventures outside of Missouri? I know that there are mines being dove up in Wisconsin. Has the workshop ever ventured anywhere other than MO? Like Chicago or Milwaukee? Or is it always held in the Show Me state?
    To my knowledge it's always been in MO. I'd say it's likely because there are at least 3 divable caves and one mine in the area. The coolest thing about this workshop is that it's generally the same crowd every year with a few new attendants. What's nice is that this crowd are extremely passionate about diving. From my experience with chairing this workshop last year, this workshop is looked at as the bastard son of the NSS-CDS workshops. It's "far away" and few are actually willing to travel. Speakers is usually difficult due to again, folks not wanting to travel. Prizes are usually difficult because most dedicate so much to the FL workshops and give left over stuff to this one, which I'm perfectly cool with because anything and everything is extremely appreciated. Nevertheless, hands down, this is THE BEST workshop period. I have been to 8 workshops now and this is my favorite, that's the reason I chair it. The folks that attend genuinely love diving and have a blast every year, no matter how many prizes we have, who's speaking, what we're eating. It's an amazing workshop and it's the attendees that make it worthwhile. We have a great crew of volunteers and sponsors that always support us every year and for that I'm extremely grateful for! We're working hard to make this another amazing workshop and I'm hoping that we have a lot of new guests this year!

Thanks to all the folks that plan to come out and those that are considering it. Special thanks to all the dive shops and companies that provide such incredible suppport for this event! Finally thanks to the volunteers than make this possible. Hope to see everyone there!

Speaker #4: Jason Richards!

o Cave Cartographer Jason Richards has been mapping dry and underwater caves throughout the United States, Mexico, Canada, and elsewhere for more than 20 years. He regularly leads mapping expeditions and projects and teaches cave cartography and mapping to interested cavers. His latest maps include The longest cave in Tennessee, 35 mile long Blue Spring Cave, Hole In The Wall Cave (Florida), Wet Dream Cave (British Columbia), and Tongue River Cave (Wyoming). Jason is currently residing in Southern Alabama, where he is working on multiple exploration and mapping projects. His latest project was a month long expedition to northern British Columbia to explore and map sumps and springs in remote areas.

We're all super stoked to have Jason coming up to the Midwest workshop. He's a huge supporter of the NSS and NSS-CDS and is extremely passionate about caves. Thanks Jason!

Name:	Jason Ricahrds.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	17038  

Really excited to announce the support from DUI - Diving Unlimited International and OMS - Ocean Management Systems! They stepped up big time this year and have donated the following items!

1. 8. DUI Waterproof Utility Bag ($341) - https://www.divedui.com/collections/...waterproof_bag

2. OMS Drybag Backpack (MSRP $89) - https://www.divedui.com/collections/...nt=33208125057

3.OMS Tattoo Mask- (MSRP $99) - https://www.divedui.com/collections/...nt=31883565953

4. OMS Stage Rigging Kit

5. OMS Finger Spool @ 100ft

6.OMS Finger Spool @ 150ft

7. OMS Wrist Slate

8. 2 x BIGGRIP STAINLESS STEEL BOLT-SNAP 3 1/2" and 2 x BIGGRIP STAINLESS STEEL DOUBLE-ENDER 3 1/2"

These are some awesome prizes! Thanks a to DUI and OMS for your continued support! Everyone be sure to give them a huge thanks for all the incredible prizes!

Name:	2014_dui_logo_black_l.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	17042