Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default New survey tool - MNemo

https://www.facebook.com/ArianesLine...2389219163835/

Not a whole lot of details but this is what I know: Apparently it works for up to 5mm lines. "For smaller lines common in caves, knots will pass right through." So basically, if the knot measures less than 5mm in diameter it should be okay.
    Will be posting a second video next week with links for pre-order. Cost will be $500 USD and will be available starting Feb 2017. Depth rated to 130m.

Pretty interesting.

"Under" $500, and will be "available" February 2017. Who knows if that's pre-orders start, or actual units shipping. Will be very limited numbers in the beginning. Will be rated to 100m, depth sensor rated to 130m, but it's basically a potted epoxy box so I would imagine that greater depth isn't a problem, it'll be a sensor accuracy thing at that point.

The most commonly used depth sensor (used in many dive computers too) is a 14 bar sensor, hence 130m.

I'm in touch with him, picking up a test unit next week. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
    Cameron

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Northernone View Post

Regards,
    Cameron
    Great, let us know!

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by Northernone View Post

Regards,
    Cameron
    Fantastic!!! If this works as intended, Seb's got a gamechanger on his hands!

It looks interesting for sure, but I'm skeptical about the mechanical distance measurement on wet line. The switches are also way too small to use with dry gloves, so hopefully that will get fixed - not all overhead dives are in Florida and Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuted View Post
    It looks interesting for sure, but I'm skeptical about the mechanical distance measurement on wet line.
    Does anybody know how it measures the distance? Is it mechanical (like a wheel) or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin View Post
    Does anybody know how it measures the distance? Is it mechanical (like a wheel) or something else?
    Below is quoted from the manufacturer, replying to a question on the facebook page:

Hi Marbry, the measure is done through a mixture of mechanical, a wheel on which the line is maintained under pressure, and optical sensors reading the wheel (with logical coding to avoid edge effects and false positive/negative). The wheel is assemble with pretty loose tolerances, which doesn't affect the precision of the reading as the diameter stays fixed, and allows to work under a pretty heavy density of particules in the water, We haven't been in measure to jam it so far but as with any mechanical system that is a possibility. The battery,3.7V 1000mAh, is located in a special compartment filled with silicon. You can easily replace it on your own if you have some DIY skills otherwise we replace it. The device can function roughly 20hr on a charge and stay in sleep mode for 4 month. We use battery found in Blackberry phones, known for their reliability.

Doesn't white arrow have a similar tool, but more mechanical in nature and only measured distance of shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk