Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default New survey tool - MNemo

https://www.facebook.com/ArianesLine...2389219163835/

Not a whole lot of details but this is what I know: Apparently it works for up to 5mm lines. "For smaller lines common in caves, knots will pass right through." So basically, if the knot measures less than 5mm in diameter it should be okay.
    Will be posting a second video next week with links for pre-order. Cost will be $500 USD and will be available starting Feb 2017. Depth rated to 130m.

Pretty interesting.

"Under" $500, and will be "available" February 2017. Who knows if that's pre-orders start, or actual units shipping. Will be very limited numbers in the beginning. Will be rated to 100m, depth sensor rated to 130m, but it's basically a potted epoxy box so I would imagine that greater depth isn't a problem, it'll be a sensor accuracy thing at that point.

The most commonly used depth sensor (used in many dive computers too) is a 14 bar sensor, hence 130m.

I'm in touch with him, picking up a test unit next week. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
    Cameron

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Northernone View Post

Regards,
    Cameron
    Great, let us know!

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by Northernone View Post

Regards,
    Cameron
    Fantastic!!! If this works as intended, Seb's got a gamechanger on his hands!

It looks interesting for sure, but I'm skeptical about the mechanical distance measurement on wet line. The switches are also way too small to use with dry gloves, so hopefully that will get fixed - not all overhead dives are in Florida and Mexico.

Doesn't white arrow have a similar tool, but more mechanical in nature and only measured distance of shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by patpicos View Post
    Doesn't white arrow have a similar tool, but more mechanical in nature and only measured distance of shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone made one, it may have been white arrow. Since it only did distance, it wasn't nearly as useful as this one might be.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Yeah, White Arrow had a mechanical counter, replaceable wheels for different line I think, but like all WA products it was stupid expensive for what it did. FAST or something is what it was called...