Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by phillip1 View Post
    Just got back form Mexico....
    Did you have any damage from Irma? It looked like it got pretty close to the north shore of the D.R.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

It was pretty gnarly but only CAT1 winds, we got super lucky Irma was 50 mile due north of Cabarete

Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

Good to hear!

Sump Divers

I had my Mnemo in the water last week trying to survey a section of a mine. Unfortunately I ran into some difficulties but Sebastien helped me debug them and I'm going to give it another try this weekend. My unit actually locked up underwater (still not sure why) and I couldn't use the selector button. It finally reset itself on the surface after a couple hours.

The area I was surveying was using some sort of goldline/thick paracord with lots of knots unfortunately so it was frustrating since the MNemo can't really go over knots in gold line. I quickly got a little frustrated with my speed / progress and stopped surveying because I was slowing team down. I'll survey that area by myself next time so I don't slow anyone down.

The section I'm surveying next week is all #24 and #36. I tested it on the surface with line joins / knots on #36 and it seemed to work ok.

I'm going to practice a bit more on land and try to become more familiar with the basic survey mode.

Used mine in a NY sump, 48 degrees with #### vis. I practiced on land in the days prior, making several circuits and being generally impressed with the device.

The sump water is extremely silty and I found in a short time I could no longer open the device to put the line in. It appeared to have jammed! The buttons also got a fair bit of silt in them, rendering them inoperable at one point.

I bought a Pelican case for the device in order to transport it to the water safely (some of the stuff up here requires many thousands of feet of crawling/rappelling) but need to come up with a good bag to carry it in under-water so that the silt stays out until needed.

I'm not too discouraged- I should have it out again in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Used mine in a NY sump, 48 degrees with #### vis. I practiced on land in the days prior, making several circuits and being generally impressed with the device.

The sump water is extremely silty and I found in a short time I could no longer open the device to put the line in. It appeared to have jammed! The buttons also got a fair bit of silt in them, rendering them inoperable at one point.

I bought a Pelican case for the device in order to transport it to the water safely (some of the stuff up here requires many thousands of feet of crawling/rappelling) but need to come up with a good bag to carry it in under-water so that the silt stays out until needed.

I'm not too discouraged- I should have it out again in a few weeks.
    I have had a problem with silt in my NMemo too. I now carry it in a small nylon fanny pack, until I am ready to survey.

Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I have had a problem with silt in my NMemo too. I now carry it in a small nylon fanny pack, until I am ready to survey.
    Which one?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	slut-yellow-fanny.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	17404   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0072_2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	17405  

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Which one?
    I like the first one best

I guess you know what "fanny" means in British?

Sump Divers

Yes I do. And it aint your butt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally made it home from Dubai and pulled my Mnemo out of the box. Unfortunately, it's unusable. The selector button does not rebound when pushed to the left. It sticks. The line guide is unusable with one hand, it hangs up on the top of the electronics side of the casing, sort of cams up it seems.

I've yet to e-mail Sebastian about it. I'm hoping to travel to Playa in January, so hopefully I can bring it and he can just swap it out for me. I really want to use it, but it's just unusable right now and while I get it's a small run product, I shouldn't have to re=fab it just to get it to work....