Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I'd just like something submersible to 400' that has a backlit display with a digital compass reading and depth in decimal feet and a nice straight edge on both sides.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    The thickness of an H3. Yea, me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Administrator Forum Admin

Does anyone know what the little jumper wire is for?

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by apitkin View Post
    ... I realized the gate was going to be a problem, so I changed the one offset spring for two at either side...
    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Is there a reason you put them on the outside? I was thinking of adding one just on the other side of the handle. They would both have to be softer springs.
    I was thinking that would be the most stable arrangement to keep the gate horizontal. Any slight angulation is going to be magnified at the ends so the springs will tend to correct it.
    I might try it both ways.
    I tried putting a second hole near the original one, but it still doesn't open evenly. I think Andy's method would be better.

Sump Divers

I'm OCONUS so I haven't seen mine yet. Anybody taken the gate to a belt sander yet to radius the front edge for better knot passing? Is this even feasible?

Also, I ordered the 316 stainless springs, instead of the 302 that was listed earlier, on the off chance it gets used in salt water. Probably never an issue, but something to consider if you're gonna be mapping sea caves or places where there are lots of haloclines. Part number: 8969T4

Last edited by JohnnyC; 04-16-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    I'm OCONUS so I haven't seen mine yet. Anybody taken the gate to a belt sander yet to radius the front edge for better knot passing? Is this even feasible?

Also, I ordered the 316 stainless springs, instead of the 302 that was listed earlier, on the off chance it gets used in salt water. Probably never an issue, but something to consider if you're gonna be mapping sea caves or places where there are lots of haloclines. Part number: 8969T4
    I am not sure it is the gate that needs rounding. I suspect it is the case, and a belt sander wouldn't work there. I might work on mine with a Dremel tool.

Sump Divers

Anybody had theirs deeper than 160 feet yet?

Anybody had theirs deeper than 160 feet yet?
    Why, did yours flood?

Sump Divers

Mine is here. Anyone know what the small jumper wire is for?
    Hi Forrest, this is Sebastien Kister, the creator/builder of MNemo. The little cable is used to reboot the unit in case you would have to. This is not necessarily unless there's a bug in the software. Cheers

I tried putting a second hole near the original one, but it still doesn't open evenly. I think Andy's method would be better.
    If you want to have a smoother gate, you can put two smaller springs on each side ... The first MNemo prototype were built this way. I opted for the one spring off center solution as it gave, in my opinion, a sturdier grip on the line and better accuracy on knotted line. You could also change the current spring to a weaker version. I am using springs from LeeSprings, I can sent you replacement references if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    My gate doesn't even open completely.... so I doubt there was much testing prior to packaging.
    Hi Jason,

your unit has been tested, by me in this case, during a survey dive, then taken apart, cleaned, checked, reassembled, then packaged.
    To operate the gate take the lever between thumb and index, apply a rotational force forward and then pull the lever back. This should do the job.
    Cheers