Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Looking forward to getting one. I'm on the second pre-order.

Sebastian posted a photo on Facebook of the first one shipping. I'm in the first batch, I'm hoping to get it before I head back to Dubai.

damn... would also like to get my hand on one of these please.. wonder if I can scooter and measure...

Quote Originally Posted by Dive Africa View Post
    damn... would also like to get my hand on one of these please.. wonder if I can scooter and measure...
    Unfortunately, I think the magnetics of the motor mess with the compass readings from the Mnemo... That would make for some crazy fast survey if it were possible though!

Forrest and myself are hopeful his arrives before April 6th weekend. We have plans to use it to survey a short cave we've surveyed before so we can compare it. Thinking about messaging the fella telling him I'll post a sweet review if he makes sure we get it.

Does anyone have one of these yet? Any reviews?

Mine just shipped....

Jason Gulley

Administrator Forum Admin

Mine just shipped too, but I got a chance to play with one last week. It has a few issues:

1. It is larger than the one in the videos.

2. The "gate" where you put the line in, is hard to operate. It only has one (strong) spring, and it is offset from the handle, so it tends to Jam. Jason Richards tried to use it in the water, and couldn't get the gate open to put the line in.

3. The switch that controls the menu, and everything else, also sticks. When he handed it to me on the shore, I couldn't get the NMemo to turn off. Possibly sediment, since he quit trying to use it, and hung it from his harness. It may have dragged in the silt.

4. If you try to test dive it out of the water, you need to find somewhere indoors, or under a lot of trees. If you string line out in the sun, you get a message "Too Much Light", and it wont work right. I suspect the sun is overpowering the sensor that reads the wheel, that counts how much line has gone past.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    The "gate" where you put the line in, is hard to operate. It only has one (strong) spring, and it is offset from the handle, so it tends to Jam. Jason Richards tried to use it in the water, and couldn't get the gate open to put the line in.
    I haven't had mine in the water, but I have played with it on land. It seems pretty accurate, but I agree with Forrest's assessment. I realized the gate was going to be a problem, so I changed the one offset spring for two at either side. I got softer ones from McMaster (1986K4):

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_202550.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	583.0 KB
ID:	16580

I suspect that sand and grit is going to be this thing's enemy.

Andy

the machining looks somewhat hand made vs CNC