Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Arizona Underground Rivers

Hello every one, im a new member of this forum and this is my first post. Pretty nice site you guys have here.

Anyway, im looking for information on the Arizona Underground Rivers. Ive heard of them several times before, and about a week ago a friend of mine asked me if I knew anything about them. It reminded me of them, and that i didnt know anything about them, or if they are even real! Im not looking for directions, Yes i did read the rules . Any info on these would be great, thanks a bunch.

Personally I don't have any knowledge about Arizona caves. My first choice if it were me looking for underground rivers would be to check with a Cave Grotto in the area. Check out www.caves.org they have the local knowledge you are looking for. I checked your web site. Thank you for serving in the US armed forces. No amount of cave diving would go on if it were not for guys and gals like you that protect our freedom first. Cindy Butler
    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

Thanks for the info Cindy! I think this is the last site i will go to however, I have been to around a half a dozen websites and forums asking about these underground rivers/caves. Every site tells me to check out this next site, they will have what im looking for. If i cant find the info here i think I will just find a new cave complex to research, maybe one that is closer to the ocean than Arizona is.

And thank you for the support, we truely appreciate it!

Some info is not available on web sites. Caves.org has the listing for a local club that can provide you with the info. There will also be people who can take you to where you want to go and give you the information you need to get into the cave safely. Take care, Cindy
    "Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

FYI - Arizona is ultra secretive about caves. There's an old, old expression, "Arizona has no caves to speak of."

There had been a proposal to have the NSS Convention held there a year or two ago. It was met by huge opposition (due to the feared environmental consequences of hordes of cavers coming to the state). A bad time was had by all, and the convention was held in Alabama instead.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Once again, thanks for the info!

The best way to sum up arizona caving is that there are no caves in Arizona to speak of....

Squirrel girl isn't barb is it?
    Jason
    Jason Gulley

Quote Originally Posted by jason
    The best way to sum up arizona caving is that there are no caves in Arizona to speak of....

Squirrel girl isn't barb is it?
    Jason
    That's Ara, to you!

Hi Jason! Didn't know you hung out here. I've been lurking just a bit. Hugely rusty on my cave diving, so I'm just slowing getting back in the swing of things and don't have much to say.

What's new?

Quote Originally Posted by jason
    hahahaha People saying stuff like that just makes me want to go dive em more.

Administrator Forum Admin

Welcome to the site Barb

Forrest
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers