Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Apeks Life line Spools....Line question???

I am trying to find where I can buy some Eldelrid line that Apeks uses on their life line spools. If anyone knows that would be awesome.

http://www.apeksdiving.com/uk/spools...ks-spools.html

As a climber, I know that "Edelrid" manufacture climbing ropes.

I assume that's here: http://www.edelrid.de/en/

Try contacting them.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Diver View Post
    As a climber, I know that "Edelrid" manufacture climbing ropes.

I assume that's here: http://www.edelrid.de/en/

Try contacting them.
    I have sent them an email on Thursday waiting on a reply. Thank you for your help

any dyneema or spectra line will work, doesn't have to be from that manufacturer. Why use the UHMWPE's instead of normal nylon?

Do you find the Apex reel to be any better than a delrin one? They sure look cool, but man they are spendy for a reel...

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    any dyneema or spectra line will work, doesn't have to be from that manufacturer. Why use the UHMWPE's instead of normal nylon?
    Better wear resistance. Great for jump reels, that tend to get more wear, and sump diving line.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Good to know about the line. I really like the flared profile of these reels. If there were delrin ones with that shape, I believe I'd be all over them. Another question about these... Any concern about the swivel on these as a possible failure point? I do like the idea of something on the end of the line getting rid of any twist induced by winding

Quote Originally Posted by TotDoc View Post
    Good to know about the line. I really like the flared profile of these reels. If there were delrin ones with that shape, I believe I'd be all over them. Another question about these... Any concern about the swivel on these as a possible failure point? I do like the idea of something on the end of the line getting rid of any twist induced by winding
    WalMart sells similar items in the fishing section. They're cheap and work pretty well. They're not perfect but they are an improvement. I haven't used the Apeks one to compare, though. Those spools sure are sexy-lookin, though!

Quote Originally Posted by TotDoc View Post
    Any concern about the swivel on these as a possible failure point? I do like the idea of something on the end of the line getting rid of any twist induced by winding
    Wouldn't they be useless as soon as you do any sort of tie? Maybe not a problem for a short jump, but if you have to do any kind of tie point on the jump the spinner is useless.