Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Apeks Life line Spools....Line question???

    I am trying to find where I can buy some Eldelrid line that Apeks uses on their life line spools. If anyone knows that would be awesome.

    http://www.apeksdiving.com/uk/spools...ks-spools.html


  2. #2

    Default

    As a climber, I know that "Edelrid" manufacture climbing ropes.

    I assume that's here: http://www.edelrid.de/en/

    Try contacting them.


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.Diver View Post
    As a climber, I know that "Edelrid" manufacture climbing ropes.

    I assume that's here: http://www.edelrid.de/en/

    Try contacting them.
    I have sent them an email on Thursday waiting on a reply. Thank you for your help


  4. #4

    Default

    any dyneema or spectra line will work, doesn't have to be from that manufacturer. Why use the UHMWPE's instead of normal nylon?


  5. #5

    Default

    Do you find the Apex reel to be any better than a delrin one? They sure look cool, but man they are spendy for a reel...


  6. #6
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    22,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone1004 View Post
    any dyneema or spectra line will work, doesn't have to be from that manufacturer. Why use the UHMWPE's instead of normal nylon?
    Better wear resistance. Great for jump reels, that tend to get more wear, and sump diving line.

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  7. #7

    Default

    Good to know about the line. I really like the flared profile of these reels. If there were delrin ones with that shape, I believe I'd be all over them. Another question about these... Any concern about the swivel on these as a possible failure point? I do like the idea of something on the end of the line getting rid of any twist induced by winding


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotDoc View Post
    Good to know about the line. I really like the flared profile of these reels. If there were delrin ones with that shape, I believe I'd be all over them. Another question about these... Any concern about the swivel on these as a possible failure point? I do like the idea of something on the end of the line getting rid of any twist induced by winding
    WalMart sells similar items in the fishing section. They're cheap and work pretty well. They're not perfect but they are an improvement. I haven't used the Apeks one to compare, though. Those spools sure are sexy-lookin, though!


  9. #9

    Default



  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TotDoc View Post
    Any concern about the swivel on these as a possible failure point? I do like the idea of something on the end of the line getting rid of any twist induced by winding
    Wouldn't they be useless as soon as you do any sort of tie? Maybe not a problem for a short jump, but if you have to do any kind of tie point on the jump the spinner is useless.



 

Similar Threads

  1. Line Question: Bone Line/Wonder Tunnel
    By rddvet in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 04:27 PM
  2. 100’ Orange Line Finger Spools
    By PiranhaDivemfg in forum Retail Cave Diving Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
  3. Cow Line Question
    By IowaCaveDiver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
  4. Line Spools added to our Weekend Sale!
    By PiranhaDivemfg in forum Retail Cave Diving Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
  5. Stoopid line question...
    By inkdiver in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 12:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts