Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default 'Line of Sight'-!

A long, long time ago, while driving east from Mayo, I noticed an apparent clump of trees off in the distance, often wondering what I was seeing. This is a rather substantial clump of trees, in that only about a third of them are visable above the surrounding landscape. You can only see the tops of the trees, as they have grown from deep down in a land fault. There are no barbed wire fences, nor any 'keep out' signs to scare you off. The landscape appears to be open & there are no homes or structures on it. This entails some 20 to 30 acres. Today, I rolled to a stop, exited from my vehicle & slowly walked towards the clump of trees. They were growing from within a deep pit, which was so over-grown with bush, that I was un-able to ascertain if there was a karst window or not. However, for the next trip, I plan to take a machete with me, so that I can get a closer look at the epi-center. I am not going to tell you where this is, but I will tell you that I am still looking for the 'Mother Lode-! You may have read up on the Narco Adventures for some clues, but they are only generalized.
    Stay tuned-!

A rebel diver 8)

Default Re: 'Line of Sight'-!

Hey Jack, have you made it to the water yet? Since i have my gear in service may be we can go for some ridge walkin: "Nobleman" or Brooksville sumps?

This reminds me of what a local just told me yesterday: They were playing football in the yard that they always play football in. Well, this last weekend they heard a lot of water coming from the depression that always used to be dry. So they checked it out and found what they describe to me as a large crack that has nothing but clear, blue water in it. Looks like I'll be going to play football this weekend in Ft White (and will be bringing my mask, fins, booties and maybe a 40)

Is it clear? No? Well....let's go anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    ....will be bringing my mask, fins, booties and maybe a 40)
    I would understand 40 % of active ingredient but how are you going to play football with fins? If water just popped up then it should be silty... don't you afraid that it might be still unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by ARY
    I would understand 40 % of active ingredient but how are you going to play football with fins? If water just popped up then it should be silty... don't you afraid that it might be still unstable?
    I thought it'd be silty too but they say clear and blue. We'll see! Sure, I'm afraid! You want to go ARY? How are your lineman skills? I could use a good blocker. I am the quarterback - you can't have that. We'll see how you do on the line and then, maybe then we'll move you to a skills position. Also, you big strong lineman should be able to pull my tethered body out of a collapsed hole, right?

Is it clear? No? Well....let's go anyways.

Default The man has 'Game'-!

I thought it'd be silty too but they say clear and blue. We'll see! Sure, I'm afraid! You want to go ARY? How are your lineman skills? I could use a good blocker. I am the quarterback - you can't have that. We'll see how you do on the line and then, maybe then we'll move you to a skills position. Also, you big strong lineman should be able to pull my tethered body out of a collapsed hole, right?
    Jordan,

You needn't worry about Andre......He has got it down-! One of the best buddys you'll find, anywhere-! Best take your jet-pak if you hook up with him, cause he may leave you behind-!
    Now you guys are onto to something-!

JE

ps: Careful with the long passes though, cause he likes the 'gadget'
    plays-! 8)

Default Re: 'Line of Sight'-!

Hey Jack, have you made it to the water yet? Since i have my gear in service may be we can go for some ridge walkin: "Nobleman" or Brooksville sumps?

Nobleman-!

PM sent-!

You want to go ARY?...
    Absolutely, yes, but not sure on this weekend (have my regs and tank serviced, and BTW also waiting for Nitek ) I'm not sure how much help i can make if the hole is really small but i would try my best.