Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 110
  1. #81
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful BeachesĀ®
    Age
    59
    Posts
    12,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyh View Post
    ... shows a lack of understanding of the complexities and nuances of the activity.
    Yeah, FW. Whoever you are.

    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  2. #82
    Time Out User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    South Santa Monica Bay, Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    You can't really compare SoCal with northern Florida. The population density is way higher in SoCal, you have much more people live and dive there and I bet the demand for deco treatments is way higher too.

    I mean, how many people come to Fl for cave diving every year and how many cave divers live in the area? Combined a couple of thousand? If that.
    That SoCal has a greater tax revenue base and a larger donating diver community here in Los Angeles County is the reason why we can support the much higher overhead, and logistics cost of running a remote stand alone hyperbaric facility off-the-mainland on Catalina Island. Doesn't that make sense???/

    By comparison, and considering a similar operation in terms of a smaller diver population scale in Cave Country: do you actually think it will cost as much to establish and run a 24/7 stand-by dive casualty only volunteer crew facility in rural mainland small town Florida?

    You have NSS-CDS, NACD and major dive equipment companies like Halcyon and Dive Rite there: why can't y'all get them together and to donate or sponsor a 6ATA capable Recompression Chamber Operation?


  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevrumbo View Post
    why can't y'all get them together and to donate or sponsor a 6ATA capable Recompression Chamber Operation?
    Because we can't even agree on the color of the sky.

    Ken Sallot

  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevrumbo View Post
    That SoCal has a greater tax revenue base and a larger donating diver community here in Los Angeles County is the reason why we can support the much higher overhead, and logistics cost of running a remote stand alone hyperbaric facility off-the-mainland on Catalina Island.
    ..................rural mainland small town Florida................. why can't y'all get them together and to donate or sponsor a 6ATA capable Recompression Chamber Operation?
    You answered your question.

    Have you been to north Florida and visit the proverbial "cave country"???

    "Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

  5. #85
    Time Out User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    South Santa Monica Bay, Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    You answered your question.

    Have you been to north Florida and visit the proverbial "cave country"???
    And you can't incorporate a stand-by emergency dive casualty only chamber facility together within a Volunteer Fire Dept Station. . . .?


  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevrumbo View Post
    And you can't incorporate a stand-by emergency dive casualty only chamber facility together within a Volunteer Fire Dept Station. . . .?
    Step one: visit high springs
    Step two: get cave certified
    Step three: hang around with cave divers in high springs (or anywhere in cave country)
    Step four: realize why cave country is California and why what you're suggesting isn't going to work.
    Step five: stop trolling us with the same crap over and over again without any actual local knowledge.


  7. #87
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    22,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Step one: visit high springs
    Step two: get cave certified
    Step three: hang around with cave divers in high springs (or anywhere in cave country)
    Step four: realize why cave country is California and why what you're suggesting isn't going to work.
    Step five: stop trolling us with the same crap over and over again without any actual local knowledge.
    I assume step four should be "realize why cave country is NOT California and why what you're suggesting isn't going to work."

    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I assume step four should be "realize why cave country is NOT California and why what you're suggesting isn't going to work."
    Oops. Yep


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #89
    Time Out User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    South Santa Monica Bay, Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevrumbo View Post
    And you can't incorporate a stand-by emergency dive casualty only chamber facility together within a Volunteer Fire Dept Station. . . .?
    Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Step one: visit high springs
    Step two: get cave certified
    Step three: hang around with cave divers in high springs (or anywhere in cave country)
    Step four: realize why cave country is [not] California and why what you're suggesting isn't going to work.
    Step five: stop trolling us with the same crap over and over again without any actual local knowledge.
    And so how does the above steps one thru five objectively preclude YOU from collectively implementing a viable & vital solution such as a Chamber in Volunteer Fire Station on 24 stand-by for dive casualties only? (And don't keep lamenting the same poor excuse of "fear of litigation" over and over again. . .)


  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevrumbo View Post
    And so how does the above steps one thru five objectively preclude YOU from collectively implementing a viable & vital solution such as a Chamber in Volunteer Fire Station on 24 stand-by for dive casualties only? (And don't keep lamenting the same poor excuse of "fear of litigation" over and over again. . .)
    Just curious have you ever been sued? Haven been sued and in each case haven been eventually dismissed I can tell you it still cost $60,000 to be not guilty. If you don't take the possibility of being sue into account doing any activity not to mention a activity where some one will die eventually in this day and age your worst,then a fool.

    Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."


 

Similar Threads

  1. More Chambers Are Refusing Divers.
    By gschaut in forum The Fill Station
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-26-2017, 10:58 AM
  2. Need for recompression chambers
    By Zinc in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 03:24 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 05:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts