Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adler View Post
    Yes, the Tiger had the same HiPo 289 V8 that Shelby put in the early FIA Cobras and the 66-67 GT350s. That in front of a close-ratio Toploader 4-speed is a pretty fun combination to drive. "squirrelly" haha... yea.
    I had a well used 1966 Mark I Tiger. The Mark 1's had a 260 V-8 in it. They were horrible cars, they were fast in a straight line, the engine changed the suspension design, oversteer was bad. You had to be a pickpocket to get your hands on the #4 AND #8 sparkplug, let alone get a socket on them. You could take the glovebox out and try to reach through a rubber plug on the passenger side, but that was not fun. I sold the Tiger and bought a lightly used 1970 Datsun 2000 which was a far better car.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    I had a well used 1966 Mark I Tiger. The Mark 1's had a 260 V-8 in it. They were horrible cars, they were fast in a straight line, the engine changed the suspension design, oversteer was bad. You had to be a pickpocket to get your hands on the #4 AND #8 sparkplug, let alone get a socket on them. You could take the glovebox out and try to reach through a rubber plug on the passenger side, but that was not fun. I sold the Tiger and bought a lightly used 1970 Datsun 2000 which was a far better car.

Cool, I was not aware that the early cars had the 260, but that makes sense. Almost every car is a compromise of some sort. There must be a price to pay for having a cool little Brit car with a Ford V8 in it. I loved the 'Tiger' valve covers and Intake.

For Brit made vehicles I'll stick to my Land Rover. We've had five through the decades ranging from a 1964 series IIA 109 to a 2004 Discovery. (With a 91 Range Rover thrown in too.)
    Wouldn't trade or change them for anything despite the fact that I was a hardcore Porsche man all through my college years.
    And even though the Indian company TaTa owns LR and Jag now, they were owned by Ford (as well as BMW) for some time.
    It's a shame that these couldn't stay as an English owned company.
    (My mechanic used to make those Lucas warm beer jokes too but I think most of that was dealt with during the BMW/Bosch years.)

We had an Electrical Tech here with last name Lucas ... of course they called him "prince of darkness" - - poor b$stard, you would think he would have chosen another career.

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
    Or said with a proper English accent:
    "A gentleman does not motor about after dark."

30+ years ago I had a Triumph motorcycle. I concluded that it was meant for someone who preferred working on motorcycles to riding them.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    30+ years ago I had a Triumph motorcycle. I concluded that it was meant for someone who preferred working on motorcycles to riding them.
    It's not just the Brtis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ducati.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	14686  

Quote Originally Posted by dogwatch View Post
    It's not just the Brtis

Very true!

Against my recommendation.. My son bought a Duc back in December. I got about 3weeks of good riding out of it, and has been tinkering with it ever since.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

bought a lightly used 1970 Datsun 2000 which was a far better car.
    A 311? My first car was a 1969 311. Yes, that's what is wrong with me.

Well, that and a bunch of other stuff.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.