Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 1977 MGB Driving Project

1977 MGB, 4 speed, Weber. Runs and drives. I bought this a few years ago to piddle with, replaced all of the brakes, installed a tube shock conversion in the rear, new fuel lines, tune up, front wheel bearings, new thermostat....

The top has a couple of tears, but could be repaired. There is a boot cover, but no tonneau. There are 4 new Kuhmo KR21 solas tires, less than 100 miles on them. The wheels were re painted.

I removed the interior, and there was some scaling on the floorboard. I had it blasted, brushed, used POR 40 and a wire brush, primed with rustoleum primer, and painted rustoleum green. I bought this car cause the floorboards were pretty good. There is a couple of spots of JB weld in the floor, less than a tube.

The body is pretty good, I see some filler in the trunk lid, but I am not sure if there is any more. The paint was non professionally done, and needs to be re-painted. The windshield has some fog, and needs visors.

I had the seats recovered, bought a carpet set, and a roll of soundproofing. That needs to be installed.

There is a box of new parts including front end bushing sets, rear wheel bearings, U joints, tune up parts, fan switch, and a service manual.

The car needs:
    new steering rack
    visors
    paint job
    there is a aftermarket exhaust system on the car, it is junk and rattles like a skeleton falling down a flight of stairs.
    There is no radio
    I have the old seat belts, but they are ugly
    Needs a drivers side mirror
    Windshield weatherstripping is dried out and should be replaced.

Since I bought this, I guess that I have about $3600 in it. I have lost access to my shop space, and am too damn old to crawl around on the ground under a MG.

The car is about 30 miles east of Pensacola Florida, and has a clear Florida title. I do have more pictures, email for them.

Make me a reasonable offer.

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
    "Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Nice to see an honest assessment of a car's condition. Not the typical fluff and bs that I normally see. I have a couple friends in G'ville that used to be in to MGs. I try to track them down and see if they are still in that game.

These are fun little cars!

GLWS.

Administrator Forum Admin

I would love to have it, but I need a sports car like I need another hole in my head

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

BTW a 302 Ford with C4 fits in these very nicely.

No naked pictures, just dive stuff. Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post

Yes, the original Shelby Cobra 4V intake currently on my '67 Mustang was a purchased from a guy that was doing this swap. The Cobra 4V intake was just a little too tall to fit under the hood of an MG.

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36 View Post
    Who would put a ladies' transmission in an MGB?

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    Who would put a ladies' transmission in an MGB?

Well,, a C6 weighs almost as much as the car. And... to the best of my knowledge, Poseidon doesn't make transmissions.

A Ford V-8 drive train in a MG? Blasphemy of the worst kind. May all of the smoke escape from your Lucas electrical systems at the mere mention of this.

"Modern Americans behave as if intelligence were some sort of hideous deformity."
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."

Frank Zappa 12-4-93

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    A Ford V-8 drive train in a MG? Blasphemy of the worst kind. May all of the smoke escape from your Lucas electrical systems at the mere mention of this.
    I have to agree

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

If all of the smoke does escape, you will need this:

Frank Zappa 12-4-93