Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Under water light dude gen 5

Just moved from a gen 4 to a gen 5 ld35 can. Done a few weeks of diving here in cave country. Light output is fantastic, the sealed charging system is flawless. Best light i've owned by far (owned 4 other brands over the years), puts all others to shame.

sure

Quote Originally Posted by mickdiver View Post
    Just moved from a gen 4 to a gen 5 ld35 can. Done a few weeks of diving here in cave country. Light output is fantastic, the sealed charging system is flawless. Best light i've owned by far (owned 4 other brands over the years), puts all others to shame.
    Nice. I had my older LD35 converted to a Gen 5 recently as well. Bobby is da man!

Bil Lindstrom
    UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bil View Post
    Nice. I had my older LD35 converted to a Gen 5 recently as well. Bobby is da man!
    Using the same can? I was interested in that but havent reached out to bobby to see if it was a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 2 ld 35 with the 160 battery at the end of oct. 2015 for my tripp in mexico in nov. I'm back from mexico and those light are awsome 2 little complain...light are bit less focus because of the 3 led (As everybody said...i knew before buying) . Also my girl friend and I, dive sidemount (xdeep) and we are not big peole.. so the 160 (because of the lenght)is limit to bang to the cylinder. (they sometime bang a little bit depend of the position of our cylinder). I took this one because i want to add heating sys. in futur. Maybe if it again I would have taken the 107 battery.

But overall it's a very great light and the burn time with the 160 WOW

Thanks to CAVE ADVENTURER, it was tight to received it here in quebec canada on time for my tripp and EDD send it right away I will do business with you again!

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    Using the same can? I was interested in that but havent reached out to bobby to see if it was a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, the can is replaced to accommodate the new battery and charging system.

Bil Lindstrom
    UCLA

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bil View Post
    No, the can is replaced to accommodate the new battery and charging system.

Best I know the only thing that is not replaced if purchasing an upgrade is the light head, cord and charger. The can and lid are replaced with the latchless design and external charging base is part of the conversion. Bobby did quote a reasonable price for an upgrade last I spoke with him though I chose to hold off and attempt to use up some more of the life from my gen4 batteries. Not sure if the upgrade price has been advertised publically but a call or message to Bobby will get you all the details.

one of the issues is UWLD can't legally service or sell the gen4 packs, so if yours dies, he has to upgrade due to the new laws. Annoying, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dupsteve View Post
    Also my girl friend and I, dive sidemount (xdeep) and we are not big peole.. so the 160 (because of the lenght)is limit to bang to the cylinder. (they sometime bang a little bit depend of the position of our cylinder).
    I have an xdeep 2.0 (butt pillow) for my Mx rig. I didn't like the can on my butt so I used the velcro loops of the weight pockets to hold the canister parrellel to my spine on my lower back and it's just under the butt pillow with donned. I much prefer it there, especially since I wasn't getting in to super tight stuff nor planning to on that trip.

Welcome to the Dark Side. We Have Cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex1836 View Post
    I have an xdeep 2.0 (butt pillow) for my Mx rig. I didn't like the can on my butt so I used the velcro loops of the weight pockets to hold the canister parrellel to my spine on my lower back and it's just under the butt pillow with donned. I much prefer it there, especially since I wasn't getting in to super tight stuff nor planning to on that trip.
    You can also use bungee to create tight loops on the spine webbing. Then you slide your can into that. There's pictures of it on the Internet, but of you want I can take photos of mine. I personally didn't like it as it makes the wing bow out some. I had the cords of my lights lengthened a little and hang it from the rails of the buttplate. I think I may go sans buttplate soon for fl diving and so will use the stock stealth light holder thereafter.