Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New cave light

Question New cave light

I'm searching for a new cave light and seeking your opinons. I'm interested in the light monkey 21 led or 26 led and not sure about amp hour. Please give you advice.

Do you plan on having a heated vest connected to the light?

That's what got me to go 20ah. Its a big cannister.

For the head, 26w is awesome. There's a 35 avail too!

Default Cave light

I have an Underwater Light Dude LD 35. it is awesome

I have a 21w 10ahr LM LED and it's a great light for my current level of diving. I have a buddy with an UWLD 35 and I might as well turn mine off when I'm diving with him. Light Monkey is a damn good light and their customer service is outstanding but I do highly recommend UWLD also!

The new UWLD lights let you run a heated vest AND light heads off the same canister. UWLD 35 really is hard to beat if it's in your budget. Another thread with this same question just happened and he ended up with a UWLD35.

Where in SC are you? Bobby Franklin (owner/founder of UWLD) is in Spartanburg and I'm in Greenville, SC....so if you're ever in the upstate and want to look at some lights I'm sure one of us could arrange something. Mine is an older gen, but the light heads are mostly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pullnglide View Post
    I have a 21w 10ahr LM LED and it's a great light for my current level of diving. I have a buddy with an UWLD 35 and I might as well turn mine off when I'm diving with him. Light Monkey is a damn good light and their customer service is outstanding but I do highly recommend UWLD also!
    I'd reiterate what PG says about the 21 LM LED. When I got sick of replacing HID bulbs this was my choice, and it has held up nicely for a long time. It gets smoked by the 35 watt head my buddy uses, but it is a great, dependable,reasonably priced light. Most of the LED's nowadays seem to be great investments.

support local SC business, buy a UWLD...

A huge bump to the UWLD 35, one of the best and brightest lights I've used/owned.

Another echo for the UWLD LD35.

After switching to LED I'd never go back. I've got a 32W LM and it's fantastic. I'd be realistic with the burn time you'll be using as batteries are super expensive so get away with the smallest pack you'll realistically use.