Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    A Plus Marine lists it. Not sure if they have it in stock as you have to be a dealer to order from them.

http://www.aplusmarine.com/Replaceme...er_p_1906.html

It looks to me as if msrp for the new sensor is $140. A brand new Sensorcon is cheaper. Either way hope you get one.
    they say they are a wholesaler so they don't sell directly to divers AND they don't have any in stock. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aa3jy View Post
    I use this shop..he's like the Army Navy store of tech gear..

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com

I like that shop too, but they don't seem to have one. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    This I would like to hear about. How does one break the sensor? I have been using one for over five years absolutely trouble free. Are the sensors even user replaceable? Do you not have to use the correct calibration gases to recalibrate the unit after any type of service or sensor replacement? These are not like O2 analyzers.
    well, apparently I twisted the nozzle on too far, or it had gunk in the threads or something, and then when I tried to get it off i kept twisting and twisting and it seems I twisted the wires on the back of the sensor right off. I've since bought a larger box for the two sensors so I can fit them in without removing the nozzles. And yes, they are replaceable. I thought the life span on the CO sensor was up to around 3.5 yrs. Yours is going great!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotus View Post
    they say they are a wholesaler so they don't sell directly to divers AND they don't have any in stock. Thanks anyway.
    I was hoping to help, but don't think I can. I was going to offer to let you borrow mine for your trip. But with the timing and my being away from home for a few days I'd never get it shipped to you in time. I also have an account with a plus marine but they are ridiculously slow to ship. Even if you pay for faster shipping they still process the order slowly. A plus wouldn't be realistic in your time frame.

Hope it works out. If you weren't leaving till Thursday or Friday of next week I could've helped you out.

Quote Originally Posted by rddvet View Post
    I was hoping to help, but don't think I can. I was going to offer to let you borrow mine for your trip. But with the timing and my being away from home for a few days I'd never get it shipped to you in time. I also have an account with a plus marine but they are ridiculously slow to ship. Even if you pay for faster shipping they still process the order slowly. A plus wouldn't be realistic in your time frame.

Hope it works out. If you weren't leaving till Thursday or Friday of next week I could've helped you out.
    thanks a lot for the thought anyway.

I found one! I started searching for the actual sensor name (MAX-31C) instead of "oxycheq CO sensor"

For anyone who needs to find one, search for the name of the sensor. I found mine (last one in stock) at Amron International.

well, apparently I twisted the nozzle on too far, or it had gunk in the threads or something, and then when I tried to get it off i kept twisting and twisting and it seems I twisted the wires on the back of the sensor right off. I've since bought a larger box for the two sensors so I can fit them in without removing the nozzles. And yes, they are replaceable. I thought the life span on the CO sensor was up to around 3.5 yrs. Yours is going great!
    If all you have is a couple of broken wires on the back of a perfectly good sensor, then any ham radio geek should be able to re-solder the wires for you.

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.

thanks a lot for the thought anyway.

I found one! I started searching for the actual sensor name (MAX-31C) instead of "oxycheq CO sensor"

For anyone who needs to find one, search for the name of the sensor. I found mine (last one in stock) at Amron International.
    Did you order Kirby Morgan Swivels at the same time? Amron has them. Btw C Squared is who makes the analyzer for Oxycheq just for future reference. Also you are going to need calibration gas. This place seems to be fair with the pricing. A 17L can and one of the $30 regulators you'll be set.http://www.buycalgas.com/Carbon-Mono...ation-gas.aspx

i have the calibration gas. Did not think to ask about the swivels (shoot!).

It may just be a matter of soldering wires, but I got it used so I don't know hold old the sensor is, and figured it was time for a new one anyway.

I was looking at my Oxycheq CO and there is a potentiometer in the inside of the case. Anyone know how it is used?

Thanks,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregO View Post
    I was looking at my Oxycheq CO and there is a potentiometer in the inside of the case. Anyone know how it is used?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Pots are used to calibrate the sensor against a KNOWN gas mix. So for a CO sensor, you need a small amount of calibrated gas mixture (bump gas), then adjust the sensor to match the CO level in the test gas mix.

Same idea as when you calibrate an O2 sensor against plain air, or known 100% O2.

https://www.oxycheq.com/analyzers-se...ation-gas.html

Take only photos, leave only bubbles, kill only time.