Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Heated Vest Questions

Hey guys, anyone got any good heated vest options. I'm looking at this from Narked @ 90. What are your thoughts....

http://www.narkedat90.com/category_s/1957.htm

Get it direct: heatedwetsuits.com (also has drysuit heaters)

My wife has one. If it would fit me I'd steal it.

I use the Santi heated vest and love it.

The one you listed is rather pricy and I'm not sure where it gets its power. The wireless thingie is a gadget that will get lost

My buddy has that one and loves it. He let me use it once and it was toasty.

Pat, it's not pricey when you factor in that it comes with batteries. My concern now is that the batteries are inside your suit, so if there's an issue during a 5 hour dive, you got no way to shut it down. That's terrifying.

What's the runtime on the narked90 model?

When I upgraded my light, I made sure to increase the battery to 20a and have an outlet for the vest.
    You could use a separate battery with eo cord. Being in cave country, options are quite varied. Might be able to get a canister second hand.

KISS.

You see the full Golem set up is on sale?

Or you can use a separate can as it usually only gets fired up on deco so the pack can stay on your deepest bottle.

Im going to use the motorcycle vest like the rest of the boys use as its cheap and very easy to wire.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by floridabob View Post
    KISS.

You see the full Golem set up is on sale?

Or you can use a separate can as it usually only gets fired up on deco so the pack can stay on your deepest bottle.

Im going to use the motorcycle vest like the rest of the boys use as its cheap and very easy to wire.

Bob
    I was talking to Jakub from Golem Gear last year and he told us the story about developing the GG setup from a motorcycle vest.

He wanted to test out what would happen in a flood, so he walked into the water and got the shock of his life. It's hilarious when he tells it.

Not meant as a comment on whether you should or shouldn't use a motorcycle vest, your comment just brought back a funny memory.

Ted Greene swears by the motorcycle vest and you just use a can light battery pack he goes by OC diver. I think he has a thread about it on the Deco stop

I have a BTS Systems/Dive Xtras/Typhoon heated vest. It works well, but if I did it again, I'd be sure to get a breathable vest. The one I have traps sweat. YMMV.