Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I take exception to Russell's comment about Mexico. I have been to the Mayan Riviera 6 times, and I love it. The wall dives are awesome. The Santa Rosa Wall is the second best open water dive I have ever done. (Sec Pate off Guadeloupe is the best.) The caves are stunningly beautiful. Cuzan Na and Nohoch Na Chich are foretastes of Heaven. The Mayan Riviera is pretty safe. The are two working chambers available if you get bent in the Cozumel Channel or the Pit of Dos Ojos. (Does Florida have a working chamber north of Miami?) Cancun and Playa have lower crime rates than Miami. Rio Segreto and Chankanaab Park offer wonderful snorkeling for my wife and children. We all love the folklore shows in Xcaret (expensive) and Playa del Carmen (free!). My wife and son-in-law are fascinated by the ruins at Xaman Ha, Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza. Chichen Itza, a fusion of Toltec and Maya architecture, is the eighth wonder of the world. The food is usually good, and it is often great. I'll choose La Adela's pollo con mole poblano over steak or lobster any time. Setas a la parilla is hard to find but worth the search. Finally, except for the time-share hustlers, the people are very, very nice.

"I like to do dangerous things safely."

Quote Originally Posted by divin' ivan View Post
    I just returned from a trip last week. No such "new policy". I always keep my lights in my carry on. What is your source of information besides your single experience? Moderators please demonstrate appropriate behavior and most of all respect. Xenophobia is still not cool for most Americans.

Calling Mexico a craphole is hardly xenophobic.

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    As each month passes it becomes more and more apparent that Mexicans don't want me coming to their craphole of a country.
    Please, don't go. Stay at home in your caravan park with a rifle in your lap.