Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Vallgornera cave - teaser

This time it is a link to u/w videos festival site:
    Vallgornera teaser
    Enjoy

HD Technical Diving Vids HDTD Group, HDTD Channel

Well, needless to say, all you videos are great and pretty much TV/professional quality IMHO. Thanks for posting!
    Now, what I would really like to know, if you are allowed to tell, how did you get permission to dive the Vallgornera? Are you associated with Grup Nord in any way or did they help you out?
    As said before, I used to dive the Sa Gleda with the permission of the owner. I heard that rules have changed now. Do you know whether this is true or not? I guess I should learn some spanish...
    Thanks

Bent,

below the list of the protected caves on the Island.

You will require authorization from the Federacion Balear de Espeleologia prior to entering any such caves (absent which penalties for unauthorised access alone are as high as Euro 66,000 plus confiscation of the equipment, that is if no damage is done to the protected caves).

I do not normally post here, but this was important for you and others to know.

ES5310064 Avenc de Son Pou
    ES5310042 Avenc d’en Corbera
    ES5310062 Bufador de Son Berenguer
    ES5310057 Cova de Cal Pesso
    ES5310051 Cova de Can Bordils o Cova dels Amagatalls
    ES5310063 Cova de Can Millo o de Coa Negrina
    ES4310058 Cova de Can Sion
    ES5310041 Cova de Canet
    ES5310040 Cova de les Maravelles
    ES5310059 Cova de Llenaire
    ES5310039 Cova de Sa Bassa Blanca
    ES5310054 Cova de Sa Gleda
    ES5310048 Cova de Sa Guitarreta
    ES5310046 Cova de Ses Rates Pinyades
    ES5310053 Cova del Dimoni
    ES5310043 Cova dels Ases
    ES5310067 Cova dels Estudiants
    ES5310050 Cova d’en Besso o Cova Genovesa
    ES5340045 Cova d’en Passol o Cova d’en Bassol
    ES5310045 Cova des Bufador des Solleric
    ES5310044 Cova des Coll
    ES5310047 Cova des Corral des Porcs
    ES5310052 Cova des Diners
    ES5310065 Cova des Drac de Cala Santanyi
    ES5310049 Cova des Pas de Vallgornera
    ES5310055 Coves del Pirata
    ES5310056 Cova des Pont
    ES5310066 Cova des Rafal des Porcs
    ES5310060 Cova Morella
    ES5310061 Cova Nova de Son Lluis

www.rebreathermallorca.com - Just as equipment is not an acceptable substitute for the appropriate skill and experience, skill and experience are not an acceptable substitute for appropriate equipment. Plan all diving so that it can be completed safely without the action or inaction of a fellow diver.

Funny thst I was watching the same video, prior to it being posted here, today. Gianaameri knows the area and what a great place to dive. So glad that he shared a link. I may have changed my mind about Mexico. I love the above and below the surface pictures I have seen.

"...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

Vallgornera teaser on Vimeo:

HD Technical Diving Vids HDTD Group, HDTD Channel

Outstanding video Paco, thanks for sharing!

Great video! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by bent View Post
    Well, needless to say, all you videos are great and pretty much TV/professional quality IMHO. Thanks for posting!
    Now, what I would really like to know, if you are allowed to tell, how did you get permission to dive the Vallgornera? Are you associated with Grup Nord in any way or did they help you out?
    As said before, I used to dive the Sa Gleda with the permission of the owner. I heard that rules have changed now. Do you know whether this is true or not? I guess I should learn some spanish...
    Thanks
    Hi bent, a few years before, to access Sa Gleda was enough talk with the owner and you can give the key, allways you must request permissions from speological federation but owners didn't need it. Now you must show the permissions to the old woman key keeper , no papers, no key.
    Vallgornera is the same procedure, request permissions from speological federation and they will go WITH YOU (a guide) to have the best cave diving that you are going to have in your live. You must pay to the federation for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gianaameri View Post
    Bent,

below the list of the protected caves on the Island.

You will require authorization from the Federacion Balear de Espeleologia prior to entering any such caves...
    Hi Gian, all of theese caves that you have said are LIC or ZEC (protected) caves but, you need to request permissions to access for all them?
    How can you do it?
    Thanks!

Sorry, Paco!! Congratulations for your new video... i want to see soon the largest version, it's great like allways

Quote Originally Posted by Planeta Ensaimada View Post
    Hi Gian, all of theese caves that you have said are LIC or ZEC (protected) caves but, you need to request permissions to access for all them? How can you do it? Thanks!
    The situation is "evolving" all the times particularly just now because there are some changes which are being implemented.

For the latest I collate the info. as I receive it in the "Land Caves" section of my forum.

The key thing for ALL the caves listed you need both the License from the Federacion Balear de Espeleologia as well as the landowner permission (one without the other does not suffice) and absolutely no course or any form of "commercial exploitation" of these caves is allowed.

If someone locally like a Dive Center is touting these caves and provides access for their commercial gain they will be out of business and prosecuted... same for instructors coming from abroad to the island to do courses in these caves.

There are plenty other caves not LIC on the island for commercial exploitation, but these specific ones are protected (the island is small so the caves are small... ).

Last edited by gianaameri; 03-31-2014 at 06:45 AM.
    www.rebreathermallorca.com - Just as equipment is not an acceptable substitute for the appropriate skill and experience, skill and experience are not an acceptable substitute for appropriate equipment. Plan all diving so that it can be completed safely without the action or inaction of a fellow diver.