Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Question Power line access to Snake sink ?

Anyone ever access Lafayette from here ? I cannot remember exactly the access drop in.

Quote Originally Posted by JE View Post
    Anyone ever access Lafayette from here ? I cannot remember exactly the access drop in.
    Snake sink is in the park before Green sink. I think what you are thinking about is Skiles sink via the powerline. Some of the right away has been gated,but the property owners of all the sinks have become very protective. I need to collect some GPS numbers for a project with LBSSP,but I am not going to set foot on any of the sinks,so I decided to do it from underwater and surfacing. Also,some of this property is used for hunting,so make sure that you don't have precision optics with a crosshair following your movement. Current conditions are still very poor.

"Not all change is improvement...but all improvement is change" Donald Berwick

Ok, thank you Kelly.....I think you are correct on it being Skiles sink. It has been awhile since i've been back in there. i will abide by your advice on stepping foot in there.

Last edited by JE; 10-29-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added letter

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    I need to collect some GPS numbers for a project with LBSSP
    Kelly, let me know if you need some help. I have numbers for 26 "entrances" to the LB system.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Pickel View Post
    Kelly, let me know if you need some help. I have numbers for 26 "entrances" to the LB system.
    That would be great. The park is overlaying the map with map with GIS software. Their concern is the park and cave system related to the expanded mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Jessop View Post
    That would be great. The park is overlaying the map with map with GIS software. Their concern is the park and cave system related to the expanded mining.
    I sent you a PM...

Thanks all that provided info