Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
    North Carolina @ an hour Northwest of Charlotte

Default Buy, Sell, or Trade Scuba swap meet…! Hickory-Morganton NC

Hey guys,

The Blue Ridge Dive Club is hosting its first Buy, Sell, or Trade Scuba swap meet…!

Where
    Scuba Adventures
    570 Malcolm Blvd.
    Rutherford College, NC 28671 (Between Hickory and Morganton, exit 113 off I40)

When
    May 11th, 2013
    9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

This is a club event and we are expecting a full range of items… BC’s, Regs, fins, mask, cameras, Aquatic housings, weights pouches, lights, and much, much more! We have many members involved in this so I cannot speak about specifics items…

Everyone is welcome to come by… If you have some gear you would like to trade, bring it along because one of us could be interested.

If you want a table of your own, PM me regarding details…

Lee

Lee,

My AOW certified son is going to start college in the fall near Franklin, NC., and I was wondering if you all were the closest dive club to him?
    While he's up there, I'm planning on taking him diving in Lake Jocassee as well as the U-boats off the NC coast.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by WEPIV View Post
    Lee,

My AOW certified son is going to start college in the fall near Franklin, NC., and I was wondering if you all were the closest dive club to him?
    While he's up there, I'm planning on taking him diving in Lake Jocassee as well as the U-boats off the NC coast.

Gene
    Gene... Franklin is a pretty fair drive from our area (@ 130 miles to our neck of the woods) so as far as Clubs in the Franklin area; I am unaware... I know we are going to Jocassee and the U351 this summer and we have an event once a month. Whether your son wanted to come this far or not would be up to him but here is a link to our dive club and maybe he might find it of interest... Blue Ridge Dive Club

I believe we have a good club and we try hard to ensure its family friendly by hosting events where non-divers will enjoy the weekend as well. Our club is not ran by a dive shop however we do have a dive shop as a sponsor; with our officers made up from a group of divers who enjoy diving. We plan our weekends as we see fit but we also try hard to accommodate our sponsor as they do provide us with alot of items to give away, discounts on gear and classes and such... We surly do not want to take them for granted...

I do know of a very fine shop over in Greenville SC that might suit your needs but do not know if they have a club... I wish I could offer you more help but in all honesty, don't believe I can...

Take a look and see if we appeal to you...

Regards, lee

Thanks Lee for the info and website, (which I just took a look at and will pass it on to my son).
    I have not been to Jocassee yet but have wanted to see the graveyard (and lodge) for years. I figure taking my son to the graveyard would be fun.
    And I have been to the 352 before, but not recently, and again, something I would like to do with my son now as he shares my love of W.W. II history. (I really want to see the 701 but I hear that's much more difficult to arrange.)
    We'll see what happens this summer but please feel free to keep us posted on the two dives you mentioned.

Gene

Thanks Gene... Your son is more than welcome to come down this way and join in on an event if he sees one he might like... He could come as a guest to see if the club fits his needs... and I also sent you a PM...!

lee

The club had a meeting last night and expect some of the members to list some items they intend to have available...

Myself, I will have the following;

Aquatica D70 Housing, Nikon D70, 8" dome, Macro port (maybe) as this depends on if I sell my Aquatica D90 housing... if I decide to sell my Aquatica D90 housing, a 4" glass dome will also be for sale... I am NOT selling my strobes!
    Halcyon 70# wing
    Halcyon AL backplate and harness
    Dive Rite weight pouches
    Mask from a few different manufactures
    Fins Slip Stream XXL (one has a cut)
    Couple of lights (garden variety)
    Gloves
    Snorkels
    Some wet gear
    DUI 350 woman's Drysuit
    and other items as well but this gives some of the flavor...!

No Tanks (at least from me) at this moment...

lee

Just wanted to remind everyone in the area about our clubs Swap Meet this weekend, Saturday, May 11 between Morganton and Hickory NC... Hope to see you drop by...!

Quote Originally Posted by lane_narrows View Post
    Hey guys,

The Blue Ridge Dive Club is hosting its first Buy, Sell, or Trade Scuba swap meet…!

Where
    Scuba Adventures
    570 Malcolm Blvd.
    Rutherford College, NC 28671 (Between Hickory and Morganton, exit 113 off I40)

When
    May 11th, 2013
    9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

This is a club event and we are expecting a full range of items… BC’s, Regs, fins, mask, cameras, Aquatic housings, weights pouches, lights, and much, much more! We have many members involved in this so I cannot speak about specifics items…

Everyone is welcome to come by… If you have some gear you would like to trade, bring it along because one of us could be interested.

If you want a table of your own, PM me regarding details…

Lee