Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default looking for wreck helmet

any suggestions on a helmet? thanks for your help and info greg

Well since dive rite doesn't sell them any more you could try a kayak helmet or a dry caving helmet with holes. Cindy

"Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

I see there's a bunch of Pro Tec helmets on eBay, both new and used. I believe that's the brand I used to see back in the day.

Russell

yeah, i use a protech helmet with all the foam taken out, they're really heavy duty, pretty much the only brand that makes one strong enough for taking the kind of falls you do when skateboarding. you might as well buy a new one, mine was about 40 bucks around 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by D1V3R
    yeah, i use a protech helmet with all the foam taken out, they're really heavy duty, pretty much the only brand that makes one strong enough for taking the kind of falls you do when skateboarding. you might as well buy a new one, mine was about 40 bucks around 5 years ago.
    I gave $70 for my (new) Black Diamond Half Dome...Cindy approved of the new light mounting... 8)

Norm

Quisquam dignitas effectus est dignitas super effectus

"This e-mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are considered flaws or defects."

Has anyone else noticed the parallel post over on the Deco Stop? Rather than answering the question asked, it seems most of the people want to berate the guy about why he wants a helmet.

Now I remember why I don't go there much.

Russell

I know what you mean, I post there when I feel scrappy! Since you guys won't let me post when pissed anymore! Cindy

"Philosophy is a purely personal matter. A genuine philosopher's credo is the outcome of a single complex personality; it cannot be transferred. No two persons, if sincere, can have the same philosophy."
    --Havelock Ellis

Default head gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge
    I see there's a bunch of Pro Tec helmets on eBay, both new and used. I believe that's the brand I used to see back in the day.

Russell
    Try: http://www.coloradokayak.com or http://www.rockcreek.com

I use a modified Pro-Tec Kayak helmet with my own backup & primary lite mounts on it. These will work fine, when I can figure out what to do with my fins & tanks-! 8)

J..

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge
    Now I remember why I don't go there much.
    I've been over to TDS once in the past year.....and that was just about a week ago, when somebody from RebreatherWorld pointed me to a post there with info regarding rebuilding a Haskel I recently aquired. After reading that thread, I decided not to go back to TDS.

Mike

Thanks guys and girls.... You guys really helped me out. The deco stop guys are not helpful.... Thanks again.. greg